System Requirements Engineer
Who We Are
JetZero is a startup founded to create the next generation of jets and accelerate the pathway to zero carbon emissions. JetZero's leadership are veterans of the aerospace, aviation, and transportation sectors. We are currently working with NASA and industry partners to achieve our mission.
JetZero is in growth mode. As our System Requirements Engineer you will support, facilitate and help lead requirements management activities for our aircraft development program. You must have experience managing complex source and derived requirements for a complex aircraft program through requirement validation and verification activities from development to integration. You will work hand-in-hand with the program team and technical disciplines as a requirements expert, and reinforce the process for requirement capture and management for key technical disciplines (i.e. vehicle configuration, mechanical systems, electrical systems, powerplant, structures or software).
This role will require someone who is capable of guiding assigned technical discipline teams through the requirement capture and management process, and providing exceptional support to those teams in validation and verification efforts of each requirement.
Responsibilities for this role include:
- Elicit, capture and write necessary, verifiable and attainable technical requirements that meet JetZero’s quality standards
- Ensure completeness of requirements
- Allocate requirements to systems specifications, supplier specifications, and lower level component and part specifications
- Establish and ensure traceability top-down and bottom-up throughout the requirement architecture
- Prepare for and obtain validation of requirements by Discipline Owners, System Safety, and required technical subject-matter experts
- Provide expert-level support to discipline teams in preparation for requirement verification activities and ensuring verification artifacts are captured and traceable to the requirements
- Generate, manage and release requirement specifications
- Manage proposed requirement changes and represent system requirements engineering in change board activities and design review meetings
- Act as a lead source of support on issues reported by systems engineers related to the requirements process and determine if necessary to escalate and communicate them to aircraft integration leadership in a timely manner.
- Provide training, support and/or mentoring to team members on how to generate, capture, manage, validate and verify requirements in accordance with processes that you will help define.
Engineering degree from an accredited university, and experience with related software tools preferred.
Who You Are
You are passionate about accelerating the future of aerospace and crave the opportunity to join a team of like-minded individuals. You have energy to meet the challenge ahead and are ready to describe your expertise and the unique value you would bring to the team.
- Competitive salaries
- Unlimited PTO
- 11 paid holidays
- Medical health insurance
- Supportive work culture
JetZero does not sponsor visas for US positions unless specified. Only applicants with current work authorization will be considered.
Your application has been successfully submitted.