Hydraulic Systems Engineer
Who We Are
JetZero is a startup founded to create the next generation of jets and accelerate the pathway to zero carbon emissions. JetZero's leadership are veterans of the aerospace, aviation, and transportation sectors. We are currently working with NASA and industry partners to achieve our mission.
JetZero is in growth mode. As our Hydraulic Systems Engineer, you will own the architecture, integration, and life-cycle success of the hydraulic system, ranging from requirements management, development, certification, and entry into service. You will coordinate between the various departments - Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Flight Controls, Landing Gear, Software, Lab and Flight Test, Procurement, Manufacturing, Operations - as necessary to ensure the technical success of the Hydraulic System. You will ensure your systems comply with all federal airworthiness regulations.
Responsibilities for this role include:
- Generate, review, approve, and manage system requirements to ensure compliance with regulations
- Conduct trade studies, analyses, and test programs as necessary to validate system architectures meet all requirements
- Serve as the system-level expert for integration and coordination activities with various departments, suppliers and the certification authorities
- Conduct multi-disciplinary design reviews internally and with suppliers throughout the phases of development, certification, and production readiness as required to coordinate and communicate system design projects
- Design and coordinate the build of an Iron Bird lab to test the hydraulic system, in close coordination with various departments
- Generate, review, and/or approve
- System safety analyses, such as FHAs, FTAs, CCAs, etc.
- Engineering drawings, schematics, and design specifications
- System and equipment test plans and reports
- Compliance documentation
- System engineering processes
- Coordinate as required to execute and manage system design projects, testing, certification, production readiness, etc.
- Work with various company departments to ensure equipment and low-level designs meet all system and aircraft-level requirements.
- Various project management tasks as required
Engineering degree from an accredited university, and experience with related software tools preferred.
Who You Are
You are passionate about accelerating the future of aerospace and crave the opportunity to join a team of like-minded individuals. You have energy to meet the challenge ahead and are ready to describe your expertise and the unique value you would bring to the team.
- Competitive salaries
- Unlimited PTO
- 11 paid holidays
- Medical health insurance
- Supportive work culture
JetZero does not sponsor visas for US positions unless specified. Only applicants with current work authorization will be considered.
Your application has been successfully submitted.