Technical Lead, Visualization and Tooling
Who we are:
Founded in 2017, Gatik is the leader in autonomous middle mile logistics. We deliver goods safely and efficiently using medium duty trucks with a focus on short-haul, B2B logistics for Fortune 500 customers such as Walmart and Loblaw. Gatik enables our customers to optimize their hub-and-spoke operations, enhance service levels and product flow across multiple locations while reducing labor costs and meeting an unprecedented expectation for faster deliveries.
About the role:
We are seeking a Technical Lead for our visualization and tooling team to build and maintain visualizations and tools necessary for remote supervision & the AV software. Our visualization and tooling team provides a platform to monitor, review, control, and debug the autonomous driving system, both onboard and offline. You will also be actively be building out the team while partnering cross-functionally to guide our efforts to build improved visualization and tooling capabilities from design all the way through to production.
This role is hybrid at our Mountain View, CA office!
What you will do:
- Lead the effort to design and implement visualization tools, dashboards, and utilities to effectively monitor, capture, debug autonomous system states and behavior. These tools are used daily by the developers, testing engineers, and operations
- Design and implement visualizations of the vehicle state, module behavior, environment, and other actors around the vehicle
- Visualize raw sensory input (radar, camera, lidar, GPS/IMU) to help with engineering development
- Collaborate and integrate with the other parts of the in-vehicle software and cloud infrastructure
- Design and implement utilities and tools to aid with field testing operations (pre-track, field testing, post-testing process automation)
- Collaborate with AVOs, engineers and supervisors to document and formalize tooling needs
- Automate tools to help with streamlined development-testing-triaging
What we’re looking for:
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in engineering or a related field
- 7+ years of relevant industry experience
- 3+ years of technical leadership or management experience
- Experience with computer graphics (such as OpenGL, WebGL, or OpenSceneGraph)
- Experience with ROS/ROS 2
- Experience working with sensor data and system monitoring tools such as CUDA
- Expert proficiency in Python and/or React.js
- Experience with REST APIs & TLS 1.2 standards and Cloud services (Azure, AWS, GCP)
More about Gatik:
With headquarters in Mountain View, CA and offices in Canada, Texas, Louisiana and Arkansas, Gatik is establishing new standards of success for the autonomous trucking industry every day. Visit us at Gatik for more company information and Jobs @ Gatik for more open roles.
- America’s Best Startup Employers of 2022
- Gatik has been named as a 2023 FreightTech 25 winner!
- Gatik and Walmart Achieve Fully Driverless Deliveries in 2021
- 50 List of Most Promising Artificial Intelligence Companies of 2021
- Gatik and Loblaw achieve First Fully Driverless Deployment in Canada in 2022
- Gatik CEO Gautam Narang was Named Among the Most Exceptional Entrepreneurs of 2022
- Co-founder and Chief Engineer, Apeksha Kumavat, Recognized on the Inc. 2022 Female Founders 100 List
Taking care of our team:
At Gatik, we connect people of extraordinary talent and experience to an opportunity to create a more resilient supply chain and contribute to our environment’s sustainability. We are diverse in our backgrounds and perspectives yet united by a bold vision and shared commitment to our values. Our culture emphasizes the importance of collaboration, respect and agility.
We at Gatik strive to create a diverse and inclusive environment where everyone feels they have opportunities to succeed and grow because we know that together we can do great things. We are committed to an inclusive and diverse team. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Autonomous Delivery Network for the Middle Mile