Technical Lead, Perception and Prediction
Gatik is the leader in autonomous middle mile logistics. We deliver goods safely, quickly, and efficiently in our fleet of medium-duty trucks, connecting people and communities to the goods they really need. With every delivery, we're making the supply chain more reliable, keeping costs low, driving sustainability, and making the roads safer for all road users.
At Gatik, we believe in establishing new standards of success for the autonomous trucking industry every day. In 2021, we launched the world's first fully driverless commercial delivery service with Walmart, a historic milestone that's changing the way we view goods movement forever.
Gatik is a place to learn, lead and grow alongside industry veterans who are defining the future of logistics, and we want you to help us shape the next chapter in our journey.
We are seeking a Technical lead for our perception and prediction team to develop online lidar and imagery detection classification algorithms for static and dynamic objects in and around the roadway. Our perception and prediction team contributes to our multi-modal sensor capabilities, dynamic range extension, and fused perception and prediction. Ultimately, you will improve our object identification, classification, and tracking for better behavioral and intent prediction.
The tech lead will be actively growing the team and managing the team staff. You will be responsible for the career growth of the team members. You will be partnering cross-functionally to identify the staffing needs of the team and actively work with our VP of Software Engineering to resolve those needs.
Through effective collaboration with our engineering disciplines, you will guide our efforts to build the improved perception and prediction capabilities from design all the way through to production. We are seeking top minds to lead the development of perception capabilities for our autonomous vehicles. The ideal candidate will be a software expert who has overseen a process from the R&D phase through product shipment and has a passion for leading projects and developing real-world solutions.
- Lead Gatik’s Perception & Prediction team (research and software engineers). Partner effectively across functional disciplines and align with our product management group and hardware teams
- Create advanced perception systems that accurately perceive a self-driving vehicle and its environment using imaging and 3D sensors
- Develop, test, debug, and maintain reliable, safe, and production quality code
- Design and implement all key components of the perception system such as object detection, object tracking, and multi-sensor fusion
- Develop cloud pipelines for data pre-processing, model training, data post-processing, inference
- Train perception models, evaluate their performance, investigate and fix performance bottlenecks
- Develop scalable training and evaluation tools and infrastructure
- Work with systems, hardware, and other AV software teams to deliver systems that satisfy product requirements
- Develop and implement solutions directly
- Actively manage and grow the Perception & Prediction team; mentor and guide your direct reports
- 7+ years of industry work experience, including motion tracking, semantic segmentation, and object recognition
- 3+ years of technical leadership or management experience
- Deep experience with computer vision and sensors including camera, LiDAR, radar, GNSS, IMU
- Excellent c++ skills
- Expertise in the state-of-art deep learning techniques for object identification and classification
- Experience with multiple sensor modalities used in robotics and AVs
- Experience developing in a concurrent, multi-processor, and multi-threaded software
- Understanding of JIRA and program management tools and processes
- Experience with distributed computing
- Publications in your field (especially CVPR, CoRL, ICCV, RSS, ICRA)
Working at Gatik
At Gatik, we connect people of extraordinary talent and experience to an opportunity to create a more resilient supply chain and contribute to our environment’s sustainability. We are diverse in our backgrounds and perspectives yet united by a bold vision and shared commitment to our values.
From our offices in the Bay Area, Toronto, and Texas, we pursue big goals with a relentless focus. We are builders who focus on delivering for our customers and each other. We recognize that the path toward excellence balances thoughtful debate with aligned action.
Individuals seeking employment at Gatik are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy status, parent or caregiver status, ancestry, political affiliation, veteran and/or military status, physical or mental disability, or any other status protected by federal or state law.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Autonomous Delivery Network for the Middle Mile