Shift Coordinator - Fleet Operations (DFW)
Gatik is leading the way in autonomous middle-mile delivery by developing a safe, efficient, autonomous delivery solution that addresses real pain points for the retail industry. Operating on fixed, predetermined routes, we are the first company to develop and deploy light/medium duty autonomous box trucks.
We’re hyper-focused on solving for the middle mile; an unsaturated and underserved segment of the supply chain. With e-commerce demand rising exponentially, it’s now more important than ever. We’re looking for the best team members who are driven by customer success and improving transportation operations because that is what our customers expect.
- Shift Coordinators are responsible for assisting Operations leadership with day-to-day operational planning, delivery, monitoring, and reporting to ensure the success of their shift.
- As an individual contributor, you make sure that the team is fully organized and working together through collaboration and influence with the Vehicle Operator Supervisors and the leadership team.
- You will be responsible for helping meet both customer requirements and ensuring department and company goals are achieved by documenting internal and external reporting to optimize staffing levels by creating custom reporting for client visibility into our results. You will review and ensure data is up to date for reporting purposes.
- As our team grows, you will help with training, onboarding, and mentoring AVOs, conduct ride-alongs with operators and might even run your own route from time to time.
Specifically, you will
- Drive a safety-first culture across all aspects of the operations
- Assist managers in day-to-day coordination and management of business operational activities and updating the pre-approved schedules of AVOs (autonomous vehicle operators) and dispatchers
- Monitor, control, and manage business operations to meet customer expectations and company goals
- Ensure process audit documents are complete and on time
- Coordinate and manage project tasks to ensure project delivery within allotted budget and timelines
- Ensure compliance with company standards and procedures and keeping standards and procedure documentation up to date
- Evaluate current operational performance and provide a strategic plan for improvements
- Identify problems in the operations process and resolve them in a quick and timely manner
- Maintain clear and accurate operations documents/procedures for reference purposes
- Exhibit a positive attitude in stressful situations and have flexibility with last-minute changes and working hours if necessary
- Data analytic skills using tools such as Excel and Google Sheets or other programs used for data analysis
- 2 years experience in shift planning, wave planning, order forecasting, or other demand management experience
- Bachelor's degree in Logistics, Supply Chain, Transportation Management, Fleet Management and/or related field/work experience
- Ability to be flexible and operate fleet vehicles when required
- Valid US driver's license, clean driving record and safe driving habits (CDL license is preferred)Clean background check, drug screen and DMV Motor Vehicle Record check
- Proven experience as coordinating logistics and/or operations
- Proven ability to seamlessly navigate and shift between strategic thinking and tactical activities, understanding the linkage and impact between them
- “Get stuff done” mentality and proven operational effectiveness to be influential, resilient, and humble yet assertive; able to effectively tell the story to a variety of audiences
- Knowledge of vehicle engine, drive train, frame and body, suspension and steering, braking, exhaust, and ignition systems
- Familiarity with Hours of Service, USDOT, and Ontario MTO requirements
- Experience with vehicle import and export regulations/documentation
- Competitive salaries, and benefits including medical, dental & vision
- Start-up environment where you’ll help shape the culture and have a huge impact
- Work on innovative products and challenging problems with some amazingly talented (and fun) people
- Be at ground zero of the AV revolution!
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Autonomous Delivery Network for the Middle Mile