Senior or Staff Software Engineer - All Teams
Gatik is the leader in autonomous middle mile logistics. We deliver goods safely, quickly, and efficiently in our fleet of medium-duty trucks, connecting people and communities to the goods they really need. With every delivery, we're making the supply chain more reliable, keeping costs low, driving sustainability, and making the roads safer for all road users.
At Gatik, we believe in establishing new standards of success for the autonomous trucking industry every day. In 2021, we launched the world's first fully driverless commercial delivery service with Walmart, a historic milestone that's changing the way we view goods movement forever. Gatik is a place to learn, lead and grow alongside industry veterans who are defining the future of logistics, and we want you to help us shape the next chapter in our journey.
We are seeking passionate Software Engineers, who have strong fundamentals in software development practices and are experts in C++ language with solid experience in software best practices and production-oriented development. Candidate’s past experience and interests will determine the team assignment.
The ideal candidate is a highly experienced C++ Developer with a passion for enabling the world's first safe, reliable & efficient network of autonomous vehicles.
In these teams, you will partner with the research and software engineers to design, develop, test, and validate AV features for our autonomous fleet. Through effective collaboration with our engineering disciplines, you will make vital contributions to our efforts to build improved autonomous vehicle software from design all the way through to production. We are looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
Software Engineer Teams
- Platform: Design and develop the application development framework and implement the onboard communication layers and the task management subsystem for the autonomous vehicle platform.
- Localization & Mapping: Integrate third-party mapping data to determine vehicle context and routing; integrate mapping, sensor, and positioning data for ego localization to provide precise, safe and highly available vehicle localization data.
- Sensors & Calibration: Integrate data for multiple vehicle sensors including radar, Lidar, and cameras with measuring principles to increase reliability, range and accuracy of measurements associated with the vehicle and its surroundings.
- Perception & Prediction: Utilize sensor data to identify and categorize objects around the vehicle then apply algorithms to determine expected actions of those objects.
- Motion & Behavior Planning: Based on map, localization and prediction data, create a safe, efficient plan for vehicles motion in the setting.
- Controls: Build and deploy control algorithms for the vehicle to follow planned trajectories safely and predictably.
- Design, implement, integrate, and support real-time mission-critical software for the Gatik’s autonomy stack
- Work with the research engineers to develop maintainable, testable, robust software designs
- Architect and implement solutions to complex issues involving interactions between components partitioned across the large software stack
- Be at the forefront of guiding & ensuring best SDLC practices, contribute to improving software architectures with peers and own safety in software engineering for the core autonomy stack
- Work with and inform Infrastructure and DevOps teams for efficient, secure & scalable software delivery to a network of Gatik’s autonomous fleet Guide and mentor autonomy researchers and algorithm developers to make sure their components are running efficiently and with optimal compute and memory usage
- Conduct code and design reviews for work done by peers, and advise peers and management on technical matters
- Review and refine technical requirements, and translate them into high-level design and plans, to support the development of safe autonomous vehicle technology
- MS or Ph.D. in Robotics, Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent experience5+ years industry work experience in production context
- Expert-level programming and software design skills in C++ (14+) and build systems, such as Bazel and Cmake
- Solid technical foundation in CPU and GPU architectures, containers, and numerical libraries
- Experience using software project management software, such as Jira, Confluence, etc.
- Proven system integration and software architecture skills
- Design patterns
- Prior experience in problems involving common autonomy problems (i.e., perception, prediction, planning, controls, localization, mapping)
- Experience with computer vision and computer vision sensors including Camera, LiDAR, GPS, and IMU
- Great grasp of linear algebra, probability theory, optimization, and basic geometric algorithms
- Cloud Experience (AWS, GC, Azure)
Working at Gatik
At Gatik, we connect people of extraordinary talent and experience to an opportunity to create a more resilient supply chain and contribute to our environment’s sustainability. We are diverse in our backgrounds and perspectives yet united by a bold vision and shared commitment to our values.
From our offices in the Bay Area, Toronto, and Texas, we pursue big goals with a relentless focus. We are builders who focus on delivering for our customers and each other. We recognize that the path toward excellence balances thoughtful debate with aligned action.
Individuals seeking employment at Gatik are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy status, parent or caregiver status, ancestry, political affiliation, veteran and/or military status, physical or mental disability, or any other status protected by federal or state law.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Autonomous Delivery Network for the Middle Mile