IT Support Engineer
Gatik, the leader in autonomous middle mile logistics, delivers goods safely and efficiently using its fleet of light and medium duty trucks. The company focuses on short haul, B2B logistics for Fortune 500 customers such as Walmart, Loblaw, Georgia-Pacific, and Pitney Bowes, and in 2021 launched the world’s first fully driverless commercial delivery service with Walmart. Gatik’s class 3-6 autonomous box trucks are commercially deployed in multiple markets including Texas, Arkansas, Louisiana, and Ontario.
Gatik is a place to learn, lead and grow alongside industry veterans who are defining the future of logistics, and we want you to help us shape the next chapter in our journey. Our Information Technology team ensures a scalable, reliable infrastructure upon which our entire organization depends. Gatik IT provides timely delivery of well-executed solutions and issue resolution to enable the day-to-day success of our teams.
About this role
We are seeking an IT Support Engineer to guide the expansion and ensure the effectiveness of our corporate IT systems to support our rapid business growth. We're looking for high-energy, creative, and collaborative candidates who would like to work in a fast-paced, execution-oriented team.
If you love building scalable, reliable, maintainable infrastructure, and enjoy working closely with talented and collaborative teammates and users, we'd love to talk to you.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to…
- Provide proactive technical support for information systems, software applications, and network infrastructure
- Set up and configure multi-location computer systems, peripherals, and accounts assigning appropriate security levels
- Install software and repair hardware and peripherals
- Troubleshoot, diagnose problems, implement corrective action procedures, and/or escalate to other technical resources as appropriate
- Serve as a technical resource to all business units
- Lead or assist with onboarding of new company acquisitions and employees
- Design and produce moderately complex reports. Document all pertinent technical data, ticketing details, and end-user information
- Research and recommend user system equipment upgrades and manage equipment inventory
- Develop and test user documentation
- Work with vendors and partners to resolve equipment failures/problems
- Perform routine security checks on the system; Install, repair, and remove wire and cable lines
- Assist with complex technical projects
- Contribute to unit goals by accomplishing related duties as required
We’re looking for someone who has…
- 3-5 years of experience with network architecture and practical implementation
- 3-5 years of experience supporting Windows, Linux & MAC systems in a production environment
- 3-5 years of experience in Google Workspace administration
- Experience with Jira Service Management & Confluence
- Experience with data backup & recovery on end-user systems
- Experience with network printer management
- Experience with audio/visual setup and troubleshooting for meeting & conference rooms
- Experience supporting iOS & Android devices in a production environment
- Security-conscious with practical experience
- Solid computer hardware experience
- Well-demonstrated ability to balance support requests and team projects
- Demonstrated ability to quickly pick up new technologies
- Demonstrated ability to provide guidance and training to corporate users
Its preferred if you have…
- Network administration experience (on-prem hardware). Configuring & managing routers, switches, firewalls, and Access Points
- Experience with Google Cloud, AWS & Azure
- Experience with Fortinet firewalls, Meraki Switches, and Access Points. UniFi router, switches, and access points
- Working knowledge of scripting in Python, Bash & Powershell
- Cybersecurity training or certification
- Linux, MAC, or Windows certification
- Experience with networking concepts such as DNS, DHCP, SSL, OSI Model, and TCP/IP
- Previous experience supporting large engineering teams in a start-up environment
Working at Gatik
At Gatik, we bring together extraordinarily talented yet humble people to create a more responsive and environmentally sustainable supply chain. We are builders, united behind a bold vision and shared commitment to our values.
From our offices across North America, we relentlessly pursue big goals with focus and determination. We leverage our diversity to design and deliver what's next for our customers and each other. We recognize that the path toward excellence balances thoughtful solutions with aligned action.
At Gatik, we help deliver goods safely and efficiently in diverse communities across North America. To be successful in our mission we need a diverse team.
Gatik is an equal employment opportunity employer. Individuals seeking employment at Gatik are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy status, parent or caregiver status, ancestry, political affiliation, veteran and/or military status, physical or mental disability, or any other status protected by federal or state law.
Gatik makes workplace accommodations for individuals with disabilities as required by law. If you need any accommodations or adjustments throughout the interview process and beyond, please let us know.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Autonomous Delivery Network for the Middle Mile