Head of Hardware Test and Validation
Gatik is the leader in autonomous middle mile logistics. We deliver goods safely, quickly, and efficiently in our fleet of medium-duty trucks, connecting people and communities to the goods they really need. With every delivery, we're making the supply chain more reliable, keeping costs low, driving sustainability, and making the roads safer for all road users.
At Gatik, we believe in establishing new standards of success for the autonomous trucking industry every day. In 2021, we launched the world's first fully driverless commercial delivery service with Walmart, a historic milestone that's changing the way we view goods movement forever.
Gatik is a place to learn, lead and grow alongside industry veterans who are defining the future of logistics, and we want you to help us shape the next chapter in our journey.
As a Head of Hardware Test and Validation you and your team will develop hardware tests and validation plans based upon the requirements provided, design test profiles, run and manage these tests, collect and interpret the data and submit test reports summarizing the results. You will work closely with other teams to ensure that your tests and test-plans meet the needs of the project goals and provide valuable feedback to the design process. You will manage the internal teams as well as external vendors to ensure component validation for state-of-art autonomy enabling sensors & components including lidars, cameras, radars, GNSS/INS, etc. Where applicable you will manage the outsourcing of tests with external vendors and partners. You will build and extend the team to meet the growing needs of Gatik.
The ideal candidate has worked for many years in Hardware Test and Validation in the Automotive Industry or a related industry and has led a team for at least two years. They will be experienced in designing the tests for environmental testing, HALT, HASS, EMI/EMC and lifetime testing for both component-level and vehicle-level testing. This team will also be responsible for building and deploying HiL Testing infrastructure, so the ideal candidate will have experience with Electrical Design for HiL Test Setups.
This role is based out of our Mountain View, California office and requires an on-site presence for at least 3 days a week as well as occasional travel within the USA and Canada.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to…
- Build and manage the Hardware Test and Validation Team
- Create Test and Validation plans for the AV hardware components like sensors, compute, etc as well as for the hardware packaging.
- Design Specific Test profiles utilizing our field measurement and requirements.
- Operate the tests internally and outsource the testing as appropriate.
- Benchmark the reliability and performance of subcomponents.
- Collect measurements and interpret data
- Generate Test Reports and provide feedback to the design teams.
- Create internal standards and procedures for testing and validation.
- Manage external vendors for component specifications & validation
- Manage the build and deployment of HiL Systems to the Systems Engineering Teams
We’re looking for a team member who has...
- 7+ years of engineering testing and validation experience in the hardware space with a strong focus on designing and managing validation plans.
- 2+ years of experience leading a Hardware Test and Validation engineering team.
- Experience in defining and managing mechanical and environmental tests
- Experience in defining and managing RF and electrical tests
- An Engineering degree in Mechanical, Mechatronics, Electrical or an equivalent field plus relevant professional experience
- Experience with Data Acquisition systems for testing and data processing.
- Experience in the automotive, trucking, aerospace, robotics, or automation industry at a production scale.
- Experience with designing and deploying HiL Test Setups.
It’s preferred if you have…
- Experience in using measured data to create HALT tests for accelerated testing.
- Experience with sensor technology such as camera, ultrasound, lidar, and radar
- Coding capabilities to automate workflows (macros or data analysis)
- MatLab, MatLab Simulink or Python fluency
- Experience in using CANbus data for DAQ and data processing. The ability to write and parse CAN databases is a plus.
At Gatik, we connect people of extraordinary talent and experience to an opportunity to create a more resilient supply chain and contribute to our environment’s sustainability. We are diverse in our backgrounds and perspectives yet united by a bold vision and shared commitment to our values.
From our offices in the Bay Area, Toronto, and Texas, we pursue big goals with a relentless focus. We are builders who focus on delivering for our customers and each other. We recognize that the path toward excellence balances thoughtful debate with aligned action.
Individuals seeking employment at Gatik are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy status, parent or caregiver status, ancestry, political affiliation, veteran and/or military status, physical or mental disability, or any other status protected by federal or state law.
Your application has been successfully submitted.