3D Product Designer
Who we are:
Founded in 2017, Gatik is the leader in autonomous middle mile logistics. We deliver goods safely and efficiently using medium duty trucks with a focus on short-haul, B2B logistics for Fortune 500 customers such as Walmart and Loblaw. Gatik enables our customers to optimize their hub-and-spoke operations, enhance service levels and product flow across multiple locations while reducing labor costs and meeting an unprecedented expectation for faster deliveries.
About the role:
We are looking for a senior design professional with a track record of building and shipping successful consumer digital products. The ideal candidate will bring the design expertise and discipline to understanding users’ needs, creating new solutions and solving problems focused on how customers and team members engage with our products.
This role is hybrid at our Mountain View, CA office!
What you will do:
- Steer our current design and product thinking into a system of design patterns which provide durable design solutions for the future
- Work closely with UI/UX designers, user researchers and product managers to create a holistic product that satisfies customer needs
- Lead the design of all products across the Gatik portfolio requiring 3D design implementations
- Deliver polished UX deliverables, including wire frames, user journeys, high fidelity prototypes, etc.
- Run collaborative user research efforts to gather feedback from our customers and users
- Collaborate with engineers and product managers to implement the designs you create
- Lead brainstorming sessions with internal stakeholders and external customers
What we’re looking for:
- Bachelor's degree in Product Design, Graphic Design or related field
- 5 years of hands on experience in an in house design team or consulting/design agency, 8 years preferred
- Experience with planning large workstreams and meeting measurable goals & deadlines
- Experience with all stages of the design process, from ideation to prototyping to implementation
- Experience with industry standard design tools (Figma, Zeroheight) and 3D software (C4D/Redshift/Keyshot, Sketch, Zeplin, Framer, Adobe Creative Suite)
- Strong cross-platform design experience for connected device products or for day to day tools
- Experience working within a cross functional team
- Experience conducting user testing and iterating on design
- Experience with designing 3D environments and/or interfaces (preferred)
- Experience designing adaptive interfaces for AI, AV or robotics products (preferred)
- Experience with any sort of programming (i.e. JS/CSS) or designing for data visualization (preferred)
More about Gatik:
With headquarters in Mountain View, CA and offices in Canada, Texas, Louisiana and Arkansas, Gatik is establishing new standards of success for the autonomous trucking industry every day. Visit us at Gatik for more company information and Jobs @ Gatik for more open roles.
- America’s Best Startup Employers of 2022
- Gatik has been named as a 2023 FreightTech 25 winner!
- Gatik and Walmart Achieve Fully Driverless Deliveries in 2021
- 50 List of Most Promising Artificial Intelligence Companies of 2021
- Gatik and Loblaw achieve First Fully Driverless Deployment in Canada in 2022
- Gatik CEO Gautam Narang was Named Among the Most Exceptional Entrepreneurs of 2022
- Co-founder and Chief Engineer, Apeksha Kumavat, Recognized on the Inc. 2022 Female Founders 100 List
Taking care of our team:
At Gatik, we connect people of extraordinary talent and experience to an opportunity to create a more resilient supply chain and contribute to our environment’s sustainability. We are diverse in our backgrounds and perspectives yet united by a bold vision and shared commitment to our values. Our culture emphasizes the importance of collaboration, respect and agility.
We at Gatik strive to create a diverse and inclusive environment where everyone feels they have opportunities to succeed and grow because we know that together we can do great things. We are committed to an inclusive and diverse team. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Autonomous Delivery Network for the Middle Mile