Quality Engineer, Manufacturing
Aperia Technologies is unlocking a new era of efficiency & profitability for commercial vehicle fleets by developing innovative tire inﬂation hardware & analytics solutions. Inventors of the award-winning Halo™ Automatic Tire Inflator and cloud-deployed Halo™ Connect platform, Aperia saves fleets thousands of hours of downtime every week and reduces the environmental impact of the freight industry. Join us as we expand our product offering and take the next steps on our journey toward bringing the “backbone of our economy” into the automation age.
The role of Quality Engineer reports directly to the Quality Manager. The role will be focused on process development and improvement, failure analysis, and managing day-to-day quality activities as they come.
Within the first year of work, you’ll take on many of the following responsibilities:
- Develop and improve quality processes with a focus on incoming and in-process quality, RMA management, production failure recovery plans, and strategic growth initiatives to further enhance the Quality group.
- Analyze production data to identify and mitigate issues. These responsibilities will take a data-science approach from merging multiple data sources (databases, spreadsheets, etc.) to draw conclusions from data you and others have collected.
- Supplier Management:
- Working with suppliers to review any quality issues that require root cause analysis
- Develop CARs/SCARs as required
- Qualification of new suppliers as required to meet business growth initiatives
- Aperia is a young and growing organization and we are looking for people to grow with the company & take on additional responsibilities
A well-qualified candidate will likely have a combination of these skills & experiences:
- Education in mechanical or industrial engineering
- 3+ years of experience is preferred
- Experience with PLM systems for document control
- Experience in RCCA, 8D, and other quality tools for issue management
- Primary Location (75-100% time): San Leandro, CA (Operations/Manufacturing Location)
- Secondary Location (0-25% time): Burlingame, CA (Business/Engineering Office)
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Halo Tire Inflator for Tractors & Trailers