Aperia Technologies is unlocking a new era of efficiency & profitability for commercial vehicle fleets by developing innovative tire inﬂation hardware & analytics solutions. Inventors of the award-winning Halo™ Automatic Tire Inflator and cloud-deployed Halo™ Connect platform, Aperia saves fleets thousands of hours of downtime every week and reduces the environmental impact of the freight industry. Join us as we expand our product offering and take the next steps on our journey toward bringing the “backbone of our economy” into the automation age.
This Position is a Product and Corporate Quality Management role.
Aperia is seeking a Quality Director to drive quality through all aspects of our organization. This position reports to the COO and works primarily at Aperia Manufacturing and Distribution in San Leandro. This position requires ~15% travel to Aperia domestic & international suppliers.
- Monitor, report, and Improve all aspects of quality within the organization with high attention to detail on daily basis, focusing specifically on product quality.
- Develop, implement, and improve the product quality management system in collaboration with Aperia management.
- Represent Quality throughout the organization, starting from product design all the way to Field Support.
- Manage quality data collection and presentation (supplier, internal, field).
- Drive root cause and corrective action; present corporate product and process quality metrics.
- Plan, execute, document, and report all quality audits.
- Key team member for new product Introduction and manufacturing process development.
- Assist with developing Aperia QMS, GMP, ISO, and TS16949 Procedures.
- Consistently keep current with quality regulations and industry standards.
- MS/BS in Quality/Industrial/Mechanical/Manufacturing Engineering.
- Minimum 10 years of related work experience with increasing responsibilities.
- Must be comfortable leading audits (supplier, internal, process), generating audit reports, and driving the necessary corrective actions to closure.
- Expert in SPC and data analysis, including the development of manufacturing control charts.
- Familiarity with injection molding, stamping, casting, machining, and electronics is required.
- Outstanding communication skills.
- Expert in IATF 16949, PPAP, APQP, ISO 9001, and quality management systems.
- Working knowledge of ERP/MRP, PLM, and CRM.
- Strive daily for continuous improvement to achieve operational efficiencies.
- Work flawlessly in a team environment with operations, suppliers, engineering, sales, and customers.
- Experience within a fast-paced, dynamic, start-up environment.
- Ability to travel internationally up to 15%.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Halo Tire Inflator for Tractors & Trailers