Sr. Embedded Software Engineer
Become a leader in building a safer future.
AEye is the premier provider of intelligent, next generation, adaptive LiDAR for advanced driver-assistance, vehicle autonomy, and industrial applications that save lives and propel the future of transportation and mobility. We are technology thought leaders who value innovation to create reliable products that save lives. The company's 4Sight™ Intelligent Sensing Platform focuses on what matters most: enabling faster, more accurate and reliable perception for dynamic applications ranging from autonomous driving to intelligent infrastructure, which require precise measurement imaging to ensure safety and performance. AEye was founded in 2013 and is based in the San Francisco Bay Area. We believe in a creative atmosphere, with open, collaborative idea-sharing, where all employees are empowered to achieve their potential. Come experience our flexible and collaborative work environment!
AEye is looking for a highly motivated Sr. Embedded Software Engineer. The ideal candidate will have experience and strong background developing embedded software on modern computing platforms for the implementation of complex physical systems.
Tasks, Duties & Responsibilities:
- Design high performing and functionally safe real time software for complex Opto-Mechanical products
- Be responsible for board bring-up and BSP stack on new automotive grade SOC.
- Write highly optimized and state of the art software code.
- Investigate and fix embedded software and system issues including board bring up, timing, resource allocation, etc.
- Analyze, decompose, and implement the requirements in the embedded Linux and RTOS environment.
- Support the design and development of tools for the embedded software and system diagnostics, troubleshooting, and testing.
- Participate in agile scrum development of software and contribute to various activities such as project planning, design specifications, system flow diagrams, documents.
Essential Skill & Experience Requirements (required):
- BS in Computer Science/Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent.
- 5+ Years of Experience in design and development of high-performance real-time software using C/C++ with RTOS and multi-thread /multicore systems (e.g. Lidar point cloud processing, video streaming, etc.)
- Software development experience & Skills: C/C++, Python using Linux and GNU cross compiler tool-chains.
- Experience of the embedded processor with one of ARM, SOC (Xilinx Zynq), PowerPC, TI DSP or Davinci, MIPS, etc.
- Experience implementing device drivers for IO interfaces, peripherals, and memory systems.
- Experience in implementing Linux development/build/release environment, such as buildroot, Yocto, etc.
- Experience in hardware (Processor/PCB/devices) bring-up & debug.
- Track record of full embedded software development life-cycle.
- Ability to understand complex technical systems and come up to speed quickly on new sensing modalities.
- Good communication & collaboration skills; able to produce quality documentation for both internal & external target audiences.
Preferred Skills & Experience (useful):
- Master in Computer Science/Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent
- Experience in software parallel computation
- Experience with SOC Configuration/development tools (such as Vivado) for processing core generation.
- Specific experience with FPGA SOC Multi-core ARM platform (Xilinx Zynq ARM-core & AXI bus).
- Experience with software design/development using AUTOSAR especially BSW/RTE code-gen & integration.
- Familiarity with programming in/for RTOS environment such as VxWorks, QNX, etc.
- Experience with safety critical software design and development for one of the following industries: Automotive (e.g. ISO26262, A-SPICE, AUTOSAR, MISRA C++), Medical Devices (e.g. IEC62304, ISO14071), Aerospace (DO-178 B/C), Rail (EN 50126) etc.
- Device driver experience with device such as Ethernet, PCIe, DDR3/4 memory controller, USB, Camera/Video, etc. on embedded system.
AEye, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, ancestry, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, citizenship, marital status, disability or Veteran status.
AEye, Inc. participates in E-Verify.
To all recruitment agencies: AEye will not accept agency resumes for this role. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, AEye employees or any other organization location. AEye is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
AEye is LIDR!