Senior Systems Validation Engineer
Become a leader in building a safer future.
AEye is the premier provider of intelligent, next generation, adaptive LiDAR for advanced driver-assistance, vehicle autonomy, and industrial applications that save lives and propel the future of transportation and mobility. We are technology thought leaders who value innovation to create reliable products that save lives. The company's 4Sight™ Intelligent Sensing Platform focuses on what matters most: enabling faster, more accurate and reliable perception for dynamic applications ranging from autonomous driving to intelligent infrastructure, which require precise measurement imaging to ensure safety and performance. AEye was founded in 2013 and is based in the San Francisco Bay Area. We believe in a creative atmosphere, with open, collaborative idea-sharing, where all employees are empowered to achieve their potential. Come experience our flexible and collaborative work environment!
AEye is looking for a highly motivated Senior Systems Validation Engineer to help streamline our development of a test framework/infrastructure to support engineering and manufacturing of our lidar products. You will be tasked with contributing to our test automation framework and debugging various problems at the system and component level. Ideally, we are looking for someone who is well versed in Python and C++ and has experience debugging hardware and software. The individual should also be capable of working in a cross-functional environment to resolve issues quickly.
Tasks, Duties & Responsibilities:
- Develop strong understanding of Aeye LiDAR systems to contribute new features to the product
- Development & automation of test stations for component-level and system-level LiDAR Test
- Ability to work in a cross-functional environment to root-cause HW/SW/FW issues
- Ability to set-up effective DOE for collecting, analyzing, and presenting data to team members
- Understand, maintain, and extend Aeye’s Test Automation framework
Essential Skills & Experience Requirements (required):
- M.S in Computer Science/Electrical Engineering or equivalent experience
- Proficient in Python programming; C++ proficiency an added plus
- Strong understanding of data structures and OO concepts
- Experience with Linux OS and Git VCS
- Proven experience with system level debugging and root cause analysis
- Strong understanding in one or more of laser, photodetectors, optics, and MEMS. More the better!
- Exceptional communication skills, and willingness to be a team player!
Preferred Skills & Experience (useful):
- Experience with RADAR/LiDAR systems
- Experience in Digital Signal Processing
- Experience in Optical Engineering
- Experience with Control Systems
- Experience debugging Multi-threaded Applications
AEye, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, ancestry, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, citizenship, marital status, disability or Veteran status.
AEye, Inc. participates in E-Verify.
To all recruitment agencies: AEye will not accept agency resumes for this role. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, AEye employees or any other organization location. AEye is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
AEye is LIDR!