AEye is the premier provider of intelligent, next generation, adaptive LiDAR for advanced driver-assistance, vehicle autonomy, and industrial applications that save lives and propel the future of transportation and mobility. We are technology thought leaders who value innovation to create reliable products that save lives. The company's 4Sight™ Intelligent Sensing Platform focuses on what matters most: enabling faster, more accurate and reliable perception for dynamic applications ranging from autonomous driving to intelligent infrastructure, which require precise measurement imaging to ensure safety and performance. AEye was founded in 2013 and is based in the San Francisco Bay Area. We believe in a creative atmosphere, with open, collaborative idea-sharing, where all employees are empowered to achieve their potential. Come experience our flexible and collaborative work environment!
AEye is looking for a highly motivated DSP Engineer. The individual will be expected to work with a dynamic, talented team of hardware and software engineers developing state-of-the art Lidar technology and products. A wide breadth of previous experience and technical acumen will allow the candidate to participate collaboratively in all levels of the design process, from concept and architectural definition through detailed fpga algorithm implementation, primarily targeting (but not necessarily limited to) MEMS mirror platform drive & control.
Essential Skills & Experience Requirements (required):
- BS in Electrical Engineering.
- Minimum of 3-5 years industry (non-academic/research) experience.
- Excellent understanding of signal processing theory, filter design and stability analysis.
- Track record of completed, successful design implementations either in Digital logic or SW.
- Good communication & collaboration skills; able to produce quality documentation for both internal & external target audiences.
Preferred Skills & Experience (Highly Desired):
- BS and MS in Electrical Engineering with focus in DSP.
- Experience designing IIR and FIR filters in Matlab. Working with Digital designers or SW engineers to successfully implement the filters in ASIC/FPGA or embedded SW.
- Familiar with limitations of ASIC/FPGA implementations and able to make tradeoffs. Excellent understanding of the effects of quantization and its impact on performance and stability.
- Proficient with Matlab (Simulink) or similar/equivalent analytical tools.
- Experience in a fast-paced and demanding start-up experience and able to thrive where things are not always fully defined.
- Proficient in C/C++ or Verilog/VHDL.
Preferred Skills & Experience (Nice to have):
- Experience with Xilinx Zynq Architecture and Vivado tool chains.
- Experience with writing low-level c code for test and debug purposes.
AEye, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, ancestry, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, citizenship, marital status, disability or Veteran status.
AEye, Inc. participates in E-Verify.
To all recruitment agencies: AEye will not accept agency resumes for this role. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, AEye employees or any other organization location. AEye is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
AEye is LIDR!