Control Systems Engineer
Become a leader in building a safer future.
AEye is the premier provider of intelligent, next generation, adaptive LiDAR for advanced driver-assistance, vehicle autonomy, and industrial applications that save lives and propel the future of transportation and mobility. We are technology thought leaders who value innovation to create reliable products that save lives. The company's 4Sight™ Intelligent Sensing Platform focuses on what matters most: enabling faster, more accurate and reliable perception for dynamic applications ranging from autonomous driving to intelligent infrastructure, which require precise measurement imaging to ensure safety and performance. AEye was founded in 2013 and is based in the San Francisco Bay Area. We believe in a creative atmosphere, with open, collaborative idea-sharing, where all employees are empowered to achieve their potential. Come experience our flexible and collaborative work environment!
AEye is looking for a highly motivated Control Systems Engineer. The individual will be expected to work with a dynamic, talented team of hardware, software and systems engineers developing state-of-the art Lidar technology and products. A wide breadth of previous experience and technical acumen will allow the candidate to participate collaboratively in all levels of the design process, from concept and architectural definition through detailed fpga algorithm implementation, primarily targeting (but not necessarily limited to) MEMS mirror drive & control.
Essential Skills & Experience Requirements (required):
- MS in Electrical Engineering.
- Minimum of 3-5 years industry (non-academic/research) experience.
- Excellent understanding of Control System theory, open and closed loop systems; stability analysis and bode plots.
- Direct experience with implementing physical system control - closed loop feedback control implementations in embedded HW/SW.
- Experience with MEMS position control
- Experience working with non-linear and high-order electromechanical systems
- Track record of completed, successful design implementations either in Digital logic or SW.
- Good communication & collaboration skills; able to produce quality documentation for both internal & external target audiences.
Preferred Skills & Experience (useful):
- Experience with motion and/or motor control; developing closed loop control algorithms, simulating and then targeting them towards Embedded HW/SW.
- Experience implementing PID control loops and optimizing the control parameters.
- Experience in optimizing solutions for embedded HW/SW and understanding the limitations of such implementations.
- Experience using Matlab (Simulink) or equivalent tools to perform system level modeling.
- Experience in a fast-paced and demanding start-up experience and able to thrive where things are not always fully defined.
Preferred Skills & Experience (Nice to have):
- Experience targeting closed loop control algorithms towards ASIC or FPGAs.
- DSP experience, especially designing FIR and IIR filters.
- Proficient in C/C++ or Verilog/VHDL.
AEye, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, ancestry, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, citizenship, marital status, disability or Veteran status.
AEye, Inc. participates in E-Verify.
To all recruitment agencies: AEye will not accept agency resumes for this role. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, AEye employees or any other organization location. AEye is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
AEye is LIDR!