Battery Systems Engineer
We are looking for a battery systems engineer who will drive the successful integration of Zitara’s battery design and management software in customer applications.
This is an externally-facing role that forms a bridge between customers and internal teams, post-sales. Externally, the battery systems engineer will develop a thorough understanding of the demands of the customer’s application and build technical solutions that maximize the value of Zitara software in their batteries. Internally, the battery systems engineer will coordinate product delivery, drive technical decision-making on the customer program, and aid in overall product planning as the customer advocate within Zitara.
The battery systems engineer must combine robust technical skills, rigorous project management, and emotional intelligence to help customers achieve their goals while strengthening their relationship with Zitara. The ideal candidate will have technical experience with battery systems, such as battery hardware or software engineering, battery cell development, or technical project management for battery-related projects.
- Manage customer relationships with Zitara, serving as a primary point of contact from the end of the sales phase and into active technical engagements.
- Coordinate internal teams to ensure products and services are delivered to customers in tune and on time.
- Drive internal technical decisions on customer programs, such as:
- Test plan and fixture design.
- Simulation and algorithm performance metrics.
- Embedded hardware specifications.
- Guide and mentor customers as they adopt Zitara products, helping them maximize the value of Zitara software when integrated in their applications.
- Create technical solutions for customers, such as evaluation kits, reference designs, sample code, and technical documentation.
- Provide direct technical support to customers when they encounter difficulty.
- Develop an in-depth understanding of customer needs across the industry, and drive Zitara product development by identifying product gaps and advocating on behalf of our customers internally.
- Directly participate in Zitara’s product planning and development process.
- Bachelors' in technical subject or equivalent proficiency.
- Technical experience with lithium ion battery systems, such as:
- Battery-related applications engineering.
- Battery hardware engineering.
- Battery software engineering.
- Battery algorithms design.
- Project management skills.
- Clear and effective communication abilities.
- Willingness to travel to meet customers in-person.
Preferred Additional Qualifications
- Comfortable programming in Python and C.
- Practical experience in customer-facing roles.
What We Offer
- A full-time position, working three days per week from our office in San Francisco, CA, and up to two days per week remotely (optional).
- Competitive pay.
- Health, Dental, and Vision care for you and your family.
- A 401k savings plan.
- “Unlimited PTO” vacation policy.
- Excellent colleagues that are interested in your happiness and growth.
Why you should join Zitara Technologies, Inc.
In order to keep climate change to 1.5°C, we’ll need 30% of global GDP (all of energy generation and transportation) to run on batteries by 2035.
Zitara Technologies (YCombinator S20) builds predictive battery management software for transportation and energy customers with large deployments. Their customers operate >$100M deployments of batteries in satellites, EVs, and renewable energy storage installations.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Real-Time Fleet Management Platform Designed to Improve Lithium Battery Safety and Longevity