Integration and Test Engineer
GNSS (GPS) creates upwards of $500B in economic value in the US every year, supporting everything from consumer applications, to transportation systems, to time sync for critical infrastructure. As these industries progress towards autonomy the performance and security demands of their navigation systems are increasing beyond what GNSS can support, leaving a need for a cost-effective global solution.
Using lessons we've learned at places like SpaceX and Blue Origin, Xona is constructing a modern satellite network at the rapid pace of the new space industry leveraging the recent wave of technology and regulatory advancements. Building on our patent pending small satellite architecture, we are developing a robust and accurate service that is an independent alternative to GNSS rather than a correction, solving the longstanding challenge of obtaining a reliable high accuracy solution from the very fragile GNSS signals. Our satellite system will provide the first ever high-accuracy global navigation and timing services with the security and resilience modern applications need to operate safely at scale.
At Xona you will develop state-of-the-art hardware and software solutions to solve real problems that can have a massive world impact. Xona is driven by the mission to enable modern devices to operate safely in any environment, anywhere on Earth, and unlock the true potential of the age of autonomy.
Xona is looking for an integration & test engineer to join our satellite team and help ensure mission success. We desire a detail oriented multidisciplinary engineer who is comfortable in a fast-paced, hands-on environment.
- Lead hardware test campaigns from prototype all the way through production
- Perform data analysis and generate test reports to distribute among the larger team
- Identify design issues and perform debugging
- Develop test automation and identify areas of improvement during the design and build cycle
- Evaluate and procure parts, tools, and facilities to support program growth
- Interface with engineers and technicians to optimize design and build quality
Desired Qualifications (not all are expected):
- Bachelors degree in engineering (Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering), physics, or a relevant field
- Experience with environmental testing (thermal, vibration, vacuum testing)
- Experience in light fabrication and comfortable in a machine shop
- Working knowledge with Linux command line tools and some scripting in bash or python for test automation
- Proficiency with electrical lab measurement tools (power supplies, multimeters, oscilloscopes, etc)
- 2+ years experience in hands-on test engineering in an aerospace or automotive industry
- Experience writing and executing test plans and procedures
- Skilled in communication, team coordination, and reporting
- To comply with U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the United States (i.e. Green Card holder), or other protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3).
Your application has been successfully submitted.
UNLEASH THE AGE OF AUTONOMY