Solutions Engineer (Japan)
Wise Systems is a high-growth, sales-driven company building an exceptional team. The key to our business growth is finding the right people to join our global organization. If you are ready to accelerate your career and join a team that is transforming an entire industry, we need you.
Based in Cambridge, MA, Wise Systems was started out of MIT and is transforming the last-mile delivery industry with an AI-driven technology platform that is used by some of the world’s largest fleets. The company is growing rapidly and building an incredible, diverse team that shares a deep commitment to our customers’ success. Wise Systems also has a highly engaged network of advisors, mentors, and investors passionate about enabling new standards and capabilities in delivery and logistics through engineering and data science.
What we are looking for:
The Wise Systems Solutions Engineer is a key role in helping deliver best-in-class technical sales and service for a growing enterprise customer base. The Solutions Engineer will handle engagements with customers during pre-sales and deployment phases, technically configuring client accounts to suit specific use cases and managing data ingestion and export with clients. The Solutions Engineer will own resolving field-level technical support issues on an ongoing basis while a customer is live. In addition, the Solutions Engineer will develop and document best practices and share critical information with the extended Wise Systems team. The Solutions Engineer will also develop and document best practices and share critical information with the extended Wise Systems team as they work with a variety of mid-market and enterprise clients across industries. This role will involve significant traveling.
- Engage with the Sales team to implement proof-of-concept solutions or custom demos in the pre-sales process
- Perform pre-sales audits in order to assess customer environments, recommend optimal system configurations and document integration requirements
- Facilitate high-quality deployments, partnering with the Customer Experience team on customer onboarding and training and implementing client-specific account configurations specifically around data ingestion and export
- Post-deployment ownership of customer support technical issues, working to implement resolutions or work closely with Product Management to ensure support issues and feature requests are escalated when appropriate
- Document customer-specific and/or product issues and proposed solutions
- Work closely with Customer Experience and Product Management/Engineering teams to identify and resolve customer concerns and capture all feature requests and request for improvement
- Where necessary, perform system maintenance (upgrades, reconfiguration, etc.) to ensure ongoing technical proficiency with all of the company’s products
- Bring a working understanding of and proficiency with calibration equipment for validating product performance
- Dedicated onsite resources embedded within the customer team
- First line of defense for a single customer's escalations
- BS in a technical discipline (e.g., Computer Science) plus a minimum of 3 years of experience in a customer-facing field engineering role
- Python, SQL strongly preferred
- You have been the primary technical contact person for customer-facing projects
- Analytical, technical and problem-solving skills that can be applied to real-world solutions
- Ability to communicate effectively with a broad range of people – with strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to develop strong working relationships with customers and internal teams
- Excellent computer skills and proficiency with leading business applications (Excel, Word, Powerpoint, and others), as well as comfort with CRM applications
- Highly skilled at time management, with proven ability to manage variations in workload
- Ability to develop solutions when no crisp layout of the problem exists
- First-hand customer experience and support with SaaS product
- Experience troubleshooting technical issues with an attention to detail on proper data management and ETL workflows
- Travel to customer sites required – up to 30%
- Japanese: NATIVE
- English: fluency in writing and speaking
Why Work At Wise Systems:
- Strong incentive-based compensation package
- Open/Flex PTO
- Remote/Hybrid Friendly
- Annual training stipend and career development opportunities
- Internal Employee Events
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
AI Driven Final Mile Logistics