Senior Logistics Manager
At Universal Hydrogen, we pride ourselves on continuous evolution. The driving force behind constant business growth is the presence of skilled and dedicated project managers. We have set out to make the world a greener place in the area it matters the most, aviation. With our state-of-the-art technology and passionate leadership team, we have created a hydrogen capsule and a fuel cell-electric powertrain for the world’s first zero-emissions regional airline. We are searching for a highly-skilled project manager to contribute to UH2’s growth and help us maintain our position as an innovative authority. This position is a critical function to ensure all departments come together and work towards executing the future of aviation. You will be challenged to prepare and present progress updates to appropriate management channels on a regular basis, ensuring the innovation we seek is being achieved.
About the Role
- Lead projects from defining initial requirements to execution by identifying schedules, scopes, budget estimations, and project implementation plans including evaluating risk mitigation.
- Coordinate with multiple departments and customers to ensure we are meeting critical deadlines.
- Establish and maintain relationships with appropriate stakeholders, providing day-to-day contact on project status and changes.
- Run demos from planning to execution with recap analysis.
- Structure and manage integrated, multi-track project performance databases for multiple digital, print, and experiential projects, with an eye on overall progress.
- Develop and maintain partnerships with outside resources; including third-party vendors and researchers.
- Background in airport/airline and cargo operations with specific experience in ramp, loading and unloading, warehouse management, logistics network, and supply chain.
- Strong attention to deadlines and expertise with budgetary guidelines.
- Expert in developing flowcharts, timelines, and project requirements.
- Experience coaching and educating project teams to strengthen team members’ capabilities and skill sets.
- Willing to travel internationally up to 40% with stays up to 2 weeks.
At Universal Hydrogen, our mission is to fuel carbon-free flight and reduce the climate impact of air travel. We are stitching together the end-to-end hydrogen value chain for aviation, both for hydrogen fuel and hydrogen-powered airplanes. We are building a transport and logistics network that moves hydrogen from production facilities to airports over the existing freight infrastructure, eliminating the need for costly new pipelines and storage facilities. Our system utilizes specialized capsules that safely store hydrogen during transit and act as modular fuel tanks that load directly onto aircraft. We are also developing powertrain conversion kits to retrofit existing airplanes and enable new airplanes to fly on hydrogen. Founded by former executives from Airbus, United Technologies, Google, and DARPA, and backed by investors such as Playground Global, Tencent, Toyota, GE, JetBlue, and Airbus, we are convinced that hydrogen is the best and only scalable solution to truly decarbonize aviation, and we want to bring it to market decades sooner—by 2025.
We strive for a workplace that is open, friendly, and fun, while valuing focus, urgency, camaraderie, and maverick behavior in accomplishing our mission. We recognize that people have a diverse set of preferences for work conditions and hours that optimize their overall productivity and wellness, and both our cloud-based IT setup and flexible work policy reflect this. However, because we are building physical products, most roles will require working at our facility at Hawthorne Airport in Los Angeles or at Toulouse-Blagnac Airport in Toulouse most of the time.
Our compensation and benefits package promotes transparency, equitability, and long-term employee well-being, while rewarding individual and team performance. This includes a significant variable pay component in the cash compensation, equity participation for all employees, 100% coverage of healthcare costs, and dog-friendly offices. As a young company, we are continually expanding our benefits, striving to provide our employees with the support they need to be their best both in and outside of the office. In the next few months, we are rolling out childcare support, catered meals, green mobility support, and private pilot (PPL) training—and we’re always open to feedback on what’s most important to you!
We know that no two candidates are the same, and we want to give you the opportunity to present yourself in the best way possible. Don’t hesitate to let us know how we can support a great recruitment process for you—whether that includes off-hours interview scheduling, captioning/transcription services, or other accommodations. We value diversity in all its forms, and encourage people from all backgrounds to apply, especially if you share in our mission to decarbonize air travel.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Fueling Carbon-Free Flight