Software Engineer, Backend (Remote)
Swyft Engineering is looking for great people to join our team. We are a small, highly capable team with big plans for the future. As a Software Engineer in a product-focused company, you won’t just code — you will be an integral part of the entire product development process, from conception to post-launch reflection. Swyft’s Engineering team works collaboratively across the organization to develop new technologies that automates complex processes for our customers (merchants and couriers). The engineers perform full stack work across all the platforms, from the core of a feature to the UI displaying it. We're looking for outstanding people to help us innovate and scale as we quadruple the number of markets we serve.
Swyft is a software-enabled B2B marketplace that enables any sized merchant, brand or retailer with same and next-day delivery at rates comparable to 2+ day delivery. Our mission is to create magical delivery experiences for shoppers & help merchants grow sales with the most scalable and flexible same/next-day delivery service.
We aren’t just a shipping and logistics company, we are building the data and framework layer for how a trillion parcels will move within hundreds of cities. Swyft is air traffic control for parcels routed from your favourite store to your door, and you can help us realize this vision. Founded in April 2020, we are fueled by creating delightful customer and employee experience through an experimental and data driven approach. We’ve recently raised over $20M and are backed by the world’s best investors including Inovia Capital, Forerunner Ventures, Golden Ventures, Trucks VC, and Shopify.
- Help deliver key product features by collaborating with Engineering, Product, Operations, and Sales.
- Build automated systems that manage the ingestion, pickup, sort, and delivery of thousands of packages daily across multiple geographies.
- Develop amazing tools to empower users to perform their jobs efficiently and seamlessly.
- Deliver delightful customer experiences for our merchants with tracking pages, notifications, and customer experience tools.
- Work on projects and features while coordinating with cross-functional team members.
- Ability to understand existing systems and tackle difficult and subtle system-level issues, emphasizing simplicity and long-lasting designs.
- Build systems that scale globally with high availability. We operate in several geographies across various time zones.
- Drive engineering excellence initiatives, ensuring our products maintain a high quality bar across the organization.
- Contribute to technical specification documents (RFCs).
- Bachelor's or higher degree in Computer Science or a related engineering field.
- Experience with AWS or GCP (we use GCP) a plus.
- Experience with React.
- Experience working with a cross-functional team on complex products/features.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- 2+ years professional experience in software development.
Benefits and perks:
- A competitive compensation package that includes company equity options
- An engaging remote-first culture that focuses on output, flexibility and work-life balance
- A flexible Paid Time Off (PTO) policy to allow you to take the time off you need
- $1,500 Work from Home Allowance to improve your home office workspace
- $500 Training and Development Allowance to put towards your professional development
- Health, Dental, and Vision benefits for you and your dependents
At Swyft, we are committed to building and fostering an environment where our employees feel included, valued, and heard. We provide equal employment opportunities for all applicants and employees. We do not discriminate based on any legally-protected class or characteristic. Employment decisions are made based on qualifications, merit, and business needs. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, please let the recruiting team know.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Delight your customers with affordable same-day delivery