Senior Software Engineer (Remote)
As a Senior Software Engineer in a product-focused company, you won’t just code — you will be an integral part of the entire product development process, from conception to post-launch reflection. Swyft’s Engineering team works closely with Operations and Sales teams to develop new technologies that automates complex processes for our customers (merchants and couriers). The engineers do full stack work across all the platforms, from the core of a feature to the UI displaying it. We're looking for outstanding people to help us innovate and scale as we quadruple the number of markets we serve.
Swyft is a software-enabled B2B marketplace that enables any sized merchant, brand or retailer with same and next-day delivery at rates comparable to 2+ day delivery. Our mission is to create magical delivery experiences for shoppers & help merchants grow sales with the most scalable and flexible same/next-day delivery service.
We aren’t just a shipping and logistics company, we are building the data and framework layer for how a trillion parcels will move within hundreds of cities. Swyft is air traffic control for parcels routed from your favorite store to your door, and you can help us realize this vision. Founded in April 2020, we are fueled by creating delightful customer and employee experiences through an experimental and data-driven approach. We’ve recently raised over $20M and are backed by the world’s best investors including Inovia Capital, Forerunner Ventures, Golden Ventures, Trucks VC, and Shopify.
- Architect and own major projects while coordinating with various stakeholders (product, sales, operations). We often work on complex problems that require phased rollouts and collaboration with cross-functional team members.
- Ability to understand existing systems and tackle difficult and subtle system-level issues, emphasizing simplicity and long-lasting designs.
- Build systems that scale globally with high availability. We operate in several geographies across various timezones.
- Drive engineering excellence initiatives, ensuring our products maintain a high quality bar across the organization.
- Evaluate, implement, and evangelize new technologies and tools that can help accelerate the product development lifecycle. We are always open to exploring the best tool for the job.
- Contribute to technical specification documents (RFCs).
- Onboard and mentor engineers. We believe in structured onboarding and mentoring processes to ensure a smooth transition into the team and then continued development on the team.
- Conduct code reviews and provide meaningful feedback to elevate team performance and encourage continuous improvement
- Bachelor's or higher degree in Computer Science or a related engineering field.
- Experience with AWS or GCP (we use GCP).
- Experience with a modern web framework such as React.
- Experience building highly scalable and distributed systems.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent project management skills with proven ability to lead and execute projects
- 4+ years professional experience in software development, with focus on scaling.
- Bonus: experience managing a team of engineers.
Nice to haves
- Experience leading cross-functional product team of engineers, product managers, designers, etc
- Working with distributed systems, event-based architectures at scale
Benefits and Perks
- A competitive compensation package that includes company equity options
- An engaging remote-first culture that focuses on output, flexibility and work-life balance
- A flexible Paid Time Off (PTO) policy to allow you to take the time off you need
- $1,500 Work from home allowance to improve your home office workspace
- $500 Training and Development allowance to put towards your professional development
- Health, Dental, and Vision benefits for you and your dependents
At Swyft, we are committed to building and fostering an environment where our employees feel included, valued, and heard. We provide equal employment opportunities for all applicants and employees. We do not discriminate based on any legally-protected class or characteristic. Employment decisions are made based on qualifications, merit, and business needs. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, please let the recruiting team know.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Delight your customers with affordable same-day delivery