Who we are:
Solo AVT is creating the only clean-sheet, battery-electric heavy truck that is designed for any human or autonomous driver, and is capable of exceeding 500 miles of range. The Solo AVT team has decades of experience in the autonomous and electric vehicle industries, most notably the Tesla and Waymo Class 8 trucks. You will be working with a highly cross-functional team of systems, software, hardware and vehicle engineers, as well as an incredibly talented team of designers, technicians, and a wide range of other professionals.
Position: Electrical Engineer
FLSA Classification: Exempt
Reports to: Engineering Lead
As an Electrical Engineer, you will design and implement electrical systems on our truck platform. You will work closely with the battery, powertrain, systems, and controls teams, on both high-voltage and low-voltage components. You will be involved in the entire development cycle from design through build phases, and carrying into bringup and testing. As the team grows, you may be designated as a subject matter expert. You will also be engineering responsible for certain aspects of pre-production builds. The ideal candidate works well within a diverse team while also being able to operate independently and deliver projects on time and to specification. This candidate is able to solve complex problems by working up from the engineering fundamentals to develop the best solution, regardless of what others are doing or have done. We can’t change the world by doing it the way everyone else has done it! Finally, while we are an engineering driven company, you will need to be able to effectively communicate with our co-workers and partners in both technical and non-technical capacities.
Job Requirements - Essential Skills:
- Solid background in EE fundamentals
- Proficient at reading and writing electrical schematics
- Experience working in the automotive, industrial, or consumer product verticals
- Hands-on experience with CAN, automotive ethernet, and other digital interfaces
- Working knowledge of standard bench equipment including bench loads, power supplies, oscilloscope, and multimeters
- Willing to get hands-on: solder, build harnesses, and debug systems on the vehicle
- Experience writing robust engineering documentation used by cross-functional teams
- Experience with electric vehicles or high-voltage battery systems
- Experience developing complex hardware systems in automotive and robotics
- PCB design experience
- BS/MS degree in Electrical Engineering
- 2+ years experience working in a relevant industry like transportation, robotics, construction equipment, etc.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States. Unfortunately, Solo
AVT cannot sponsor new visa applicants at this time.
What we offer you:
- High-quality individual and family medical, dental, and vision insurance with an employer contribution.
- Competitive compensation packages.
- Employer-paid group term life insurance.
- Employer-paid Short-term and Long-term disability insurances.
- 401(k) with company match.
- Paid vacation
- Holidays following the Federal Holiday Schedule.
We are all hands on deck at Solo AVT in our efforts to create exciting change within the trucking world. The ideal candidate will be both adventurous and versatile. Daily activities could range from a full day of designing components at your desk, to full days working in the shop building out huge Class 8 trucks, and everything in between. Each day will be an adventure and you should feel comfortable handling moderately sized components within your daily routine.
Subject to periodic travel requirements. Company-related travel expenses reimbursed per the company’s Travel and Expense Reimbursement policy.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Solo AVT, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Solo AVT, Inc. is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. Please let the recruiter know if you need an accommodation at any point during the interview process.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Revolutionizing the Freight Transportation Industry