Validation & Verification Engineer
SOFTWARE QUALITY ASSURANCE ENGINEER, AVIATION ENGINEERING - LOS ANGELES
In this role, you are responsible for the testing and quality assurance of the Fly-By-Wire software and Display software. You will create, execute and review tests at the high level software requirements level and at the low level software requirements level. In addition, you will be responsible for performing reviews of the high and low level requirements, design and code using checklists. The ideal candidate will be familiar with ARP 4754A, DO178C, DO 331, and DO 330 requirements and capable of facilitating all FAA/DER reviews (SOI-1 to SOI-4).
- Develop and maintain the software certification plans and artifacts
- Code and Test vector generation and testing using MathWorks tools set per DO-331 requirements
- Develop and conduct software flight critical tests and reviews of the Flight Control System and the Display per DO-178C, DO-331 and DO-330
- Conduct multi-disciplinary design reviews including PDR, CDR through different phases of development through to production readiness and certification
- Work with the DER and systems group towards successful completion of SOI audits
- Advocate and train the Skyryse teams to follow and contribute to the processes
- Bachelor of Science degree in an engineering discipline
- 2+ years experience in software engineering in certification of software and systems
- Experience in developing software test and verification documents
- Master of Science degree in electrical, computer science, mechanical or aerospace engineering discipline
- Experience in design, develop, verify and certify display software per ARINC 661 standards
- Experience with certification of software, systems, and subsystems working with DER/FAA
- Experience in developing, writing, and reviewing certification documentation such as software certification plans, compliance reports, and etc.
- Working experience in DO-178C and other aerospace regulations/processes/standard
- Experience in verifying and certifying Fly-by-wire operational flight software using model based development conforming DO-331
- Self starter with ability to work independently with minimal supervision to influence organization
- The opportunity to change the world through improving aviation safety and accessibility
- Competitive salary
- Valuable stock option plan
- Heavily subsidized medical, dental and vision plans
- Flexible vacation
- A company with an ambitious vision, a dynamic work environment, and a team of smart, motivated, and fun to work-with colleagues!
WE WELCOME ALL
Skyryse is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
NO AGENCY CANDIDATES WILL BE CONSIDERED.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Safety Through Simplicity