Mechanical Engineer - Actuators
MECHANICAL ENGINEER, ELECTRO-MECHANICAL ACTUATORS - CAMARILLO, CA
- Design electromechanical products to satisfy actuation needs on aircraft
- Support the team by assisting with electronic power and thermal issues
- Develop designs and test for vibration, thermal, structural, and shock
- Manage and own the entire mechanical design process for multiple products including drawings, 3D modeling, analysis, and documentation
- Interface with cross-functional teams to mitigate system level impact to designs
- Bachelor’s degree in an engineering discipline
- 5+ years of experience with design, qualification, and implementation of hydraulic and electro-mechanical actuation systems
- Many years experience with design, qualification and implementation of ballscrew actuation systems and also control stick assemblies
- Ability to interpret vague requirements and translate them into actionable design requirements
- Good understanding of redundant system architectures and where dissimilarity is necessary and where commonality is acceptable
- Designs must accommodate various I/O counts (busses, discrete and analog inputs and outputs, etc.) and also support processing of data at various frequencies
- Must well understand means of grounding including separation of grounds (different layers / common points)
- Must understand EMI / EMC and lightning issues and implement designs that maintain operation and not be susceptible to damage
- Understanding of electrostatic discharge and electromagnetic pulse
- Experience with initial breadboard checkout and working with proto board assembly companies
- The opportunity to change the world through improving aviation safety and accessibility
- Competitive salary
- Valuable stock option plan
- Heavily subsidized medical, dental and vision plans
- Flexible PTO plan
- A company with an ambitious vision, a dynamic work environment, and a team of smart, motivated, and fun to work-with colleagues!
WE WELCOME ALL
Skyryse is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
NO AGENCY CANDIDATES WILL BE CONSIDERED.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Safety Through Simplicity