River is an electric vehicle startup building multi-utility scooters. The company builds products ground up with a strong focus on design and engineering. Currently, the company is in the product development stage with prototypes being tested on the road. The vehicle will go on sale on Sep-22. River is backed by marquee international investors - Israel based Maniv mobility and US based Trucks VC. These are mobility focused funds backed by some of the big names in the automotive industry. River is founded by experienced automotive professionals - Vipin George is ex-Lead Designer at Honda, Ultraviolette and Aravind Mani is ex-VP at Ultraviolette, an EV startup backed by TVS Motors. River is a fast growing company with an R&D team of 60 engineers now. The company targets to be 250-300 employees by the end of 2022.
Designation : Bodywork Engineer
- Responsible for research & design of plastic trims / body panels / seat assemblies / casings / sheetmetal & other components
- Understanding requirements of parts from styling & other teams
- Design components considering mass-production feasibility, easy assembly, durability, serviceability etc.
- Coordinate with interdisciplinary teams to validate and complete the design of parts complying with DFA / DFM requirements e. Conduct FMEA for each component & mitigate the risks in the design itself
- Design parts using various software tools like Catia, Solidworks & Creo etc.,
- Benchmark and select best suited raw material grades for each part
- Work with mechanical structure teams in designing mounting strategies & panel gaps or overall fit-and-finish
- Work with external design partners in designing & validating the components complying River standards
- Work with supplier partners in the development & testing of prototypes
- Work with supplier partners in solving issues related to toolings & mass production etc.,
- Define painting requirements for each part
- Prepare and release SORs (Statement of Requirements) for each part
- Release drawings for mass production & manage their revisions
- Manage & complete the work as per scheduled milestones
- Product Owner of a designated functional area within bodyworks design
- The design of components and systems within your designated area.
- Assure compliance with applicable vehicle regulations relating to your area of ownership.
- Meet key project targets such as making engineering releases on time, within cost, weight and quality targets.
- Meet all the product features of the project descriptions, such as strength, durability, and quality.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- 4-6 years of experience (preferably related to bodyworks design, plastics, sheet metal and casting parts)
- Experience in CAD modelling, stack-up analysis, GD&T, generating concept design and problem solving
- Domain-specific knowledge of the design and development of bodyworks parts in either 2W/3W or lightweight commercial vehicles is an advantage
- The Engineer will be expected to be competent in basic mechanical engineering principles.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
High-Quality Mobility Solutions