Senior Technical Program Manager
Gatik is the leader in autonomous middle mile logistics. We deliver goods safely, quickly, and efficiently in our fleet of medium-duty trucks, connecting people and communities to the goods they really need. With every delivery, we're making the supply chain more reliable, keeping costs low, driving sustainability, and making the roads safer for all road users.
At Gatik, we believe in establishing new standards of success for the autonomous trucking industry every day. In 2021, we launched the world's first fully driverless commercial delivery service with Walmart, a historic milestone that's changing the way we view goods movement forever.
Gatik is a place to learn, lead and grow alongside industry veterans who are defining the future of logistics, and we want you to help us shape the next chapter in our journey.
Gatik has adopted a unique way of collaboration across disciplines to deliver autonomous vehicles to the middle mile market. Our technical program managers oversee multiple product-aligned workstreams, ensure collaboration between engineering, operations, product, and business.
We are seeking senior technical program managers to coordinate and collaborate with our product managers and engineering teams to overall all aspects of our engineer project lifecycle. You will partner with our product managers to define project requirements, work with engineering disciplines to execute against requirements, and ultimately evaluate the finished product to ensure completion. You will be responsible for continuing to evolve our Workstreams methodology to respond to the changing needs of the organization.
The ideal candidate will be deeply experienced in highly complex engineering efforts requiring hardware and software integration in industries comparable to advanced robotics, autonomous vehicles, aerospace, or defense. If you’re an experienced technical program manager who thrives on close collaboration with talented teammates and contributing to product architecture in a rapid-growth environment, we'd love to talk to you!
- Partner with product, software, hardware engineering, and systems engineering to define program and project requirements, scope, and planning. Drive successful program execution across the teams.
- Define project scopes for complete project lifecycle including development phases and integration and testing. Determine timelines and scope of each project element, including resourcing through engineering teams.
- Oversee program scheduling and coordinate resources and schedules to ensure program completion on time. Coordinates efforts between technical disciplines and engineering leads to ensure buy-in and participation.
- Understand technical implementation plan, manage priorities. Communicate with engineering leadership to direct the effort and resources in an agile manner.
- Define and evolve pragmatic and goal-oriented program management structures, which align with the needs of the organization and the business.
- Coordinate through systems engineering and hardware/software engineering necessary project reviews, integration, and testing of all solutions. Partners with simulation and testing teams to validate program requirements are met and that the product operates as expected according to the business and product needs.
- 7+ years experience as a Technical Program Manager or Engineering Manager.
- Experience with software systems, middleware, hardware systems as applied to autonomous vehicles.
- Experience with autonomous vehicles, and safety-critical systems.
- Experience in multi-disciplinary R&D, hardware/software integration, 3rd party integration.
- Experience with managing external partner relationships.
- Deep technical experience in software and/or hardware design, product lifecycles, and delivery.
- Experience in cross-disciplinary project management and agile tools.
- Excellent organization skills in helping cross-disciplinary teams collaborate, communicate and deliver together.
Working at Gatik
At Gatik, we connect people of extraordinary talent and experience to an opportunity to create a more resilient supply chain and contribute to our environment’s sustainability. We are diverse in our backgrounds and perspectives yet united by a bold vision and shared commitment to our values.
From our offices in the Bay Area, Toronto, and Texas, we pursue big goals with a relentless focus. We are builders who focus on delivering for our customers and each other. We recognize that the path toward excellence balances thoughtful debate with aligned action.
Individuals seeking employment at Gatik are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy status, parent or caregiver status, ancestry, political affiliation, veteran and/or military status, physical or mental disability, or any other status protected by federal or state law.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Autonomous Delivery Network for the Middle Mile