Senior IT Specialist, Information Technology
Gatik is the leader in autonomous middle mile logistics. We deliver goods safely, quickly, and efficiently in our fleet of medium-duty trucks, connecting people and communities to the goods they really need. With every delivery, we're making the supply chain more reliable, keeping costs low, driving sustainability, and making the roads safer for all road users.
At Gatik, we believe in establishing new standards of success for the autonomous trucking industry every day. In 2021, we launched the world's first fully driverless commercial delivery service with Walmart, a historic milestone that's changing the way we view goods movement forever.
Gatik is a place to learn, lead and grow alongside industry veterans who are defining the future of logistics, and we want you to help us shape the next chapter in our journey.
Our Information Technology team ensures a scalable, reliable infrastructure upon which our entire organization depends. Gatik IT provides timely delivery of well-executed solutions and issue resolution to enable the day-to-day success of our teams.
We are seeking a Senior IT Specialist to guide the expansion and ensure the effectiveness of our corporate IT systems to support our rapid business growth.
We're looking for high-energy, creative, and collaborative candidates who would like to work in a fast-paced, execution-oriented team. If you love building scalable, reliable, maintainable infrastructure, and enjoy working closely with talented and collaborative teammates and users, we'd love to talk to you!
In this role, you will have the opportunity to…
- Partner closely with the Infrastructure and DevOps teams depending on the nature of support requests or workstreams in progress
- Responsible for the deployment of end-user equipment and software, responding to and resolving end-user issues, and coordinating with Infrastructure and Engineering teams when needed to resolve complex issues
- Develop and communicate a wide range of IT policies such as Acceptable Use and Remote Access associated with early-stage companies
- Manage company-wide computer and related equipment and software including sourcing, inventory management, provisioning, and maintenance and support. Central management of OS and software where possible
- Enhance IT and employee security posture through new processes, training, and system-level protection
- Develop, maintain and test effective, compliant disaster recovery policies and procedures including data backup management and disaster recovery for managed services
- Plan, install, and maintain office technical infrastructure to ensure connectivity and security at multiple locations. Responsibilities may require travel – within COVID19 safety precautions – to multiple office locations in North America
- Proactively identify issues and improvement opportunities and implement solutions
- Manage IT vendors within budget and service level agreements
- Deliver responsive and effective services for IT support tickets
- Implement new systems and support a wide variety of workplace productive and software management systems and platforms including Google Workspace, Slack, Jira, Confluence, Github, Dockerhub
We’re looking for someone who has…
- Network architecture and practical implementation (cloud and on-prem)
- SaaS and cloud systems administration
- Practical experience in single sign-on (cloud and on-prem)
- Security-conscious with practical experience
- Deep working knowledge in managing Windows, Linux, and macOS devices
- Systems administration experience (Windows and Linux)
- Expert-level computer hardware experience
- Experience implementing at least one central device management system
- Well demonstrated ability to balance support requests and team projects
- Demonstrated ability to quickly pick up new technologies
- Demonstrated ability to provide guidance and training to junior staff
Its preferred if you have…
- Network administration experience (on-prem hardware)
- Working knowledge of scripting in Python and Bash
- Cybersecurity training or certification
- Android MDM experience
Working at Gatik
At Gatik, we bring together extraordinarily talented yet humble people to create a more responsive and environmentally sustainable supply chain. We are builders, united behind a bold vision and shared commitment to our values.
From our offices across North America, we relentlessly pursue big goals with focus and determination. We leverage our diversity to design and deliver what's next for our customers and each other. We recognize that the path toward excellence balances thoughtful solutions with aligned action.
At Gatik, we help deliver goods safely and efficiently in diverse communities across North America. To be successful in our mission we need a diverse team.
Gatik is an equal employment opportunity employer. Individuals seeking employment at Gatik are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy status, parent or caregiver status, ancestry, political affiliation, veteran and/or military status, physical or mental disability, or any other status protected by federal or state law.
Gatik makes workplace accommodations for individuals with disabilities as required by law. If you need any accommodations or adjustments throughout the interview process and beyond, please let us know.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Autonomous Delivery Network for the Middle Mile