Gatik, the leader in autonomous middle mile logistics, delivers goods safely and efficiently using its fleet of light & medium duty trucks. The company focuses on short-haul, business to business (B2B)logistics for the retail industry, enabling its customers to optimize their hub-and-spoke supply chain operations, enhance inventory pooling across multiple locations, reduce labor costs and meet the unprecedented demand for contactless delivery.
Gatik is a fast-moving, dynamic environment where flexibility and adaptability are key attributes. We are looking for a highly motivated and organized individual who is passionate about logistics and technology and inspired by the challenge of helping build world-class logistics operations and transportation networks. This person should enjoy working on teams that are building operations from the ground up; she or he is consistently curious and boasts a proven track record of coordinating complex operations, consistently exceeding expectations. This person should be excited about owning ambiguous, hairy new challenges and tasks.
- Ensure Gatik standard procedures are executed and provide feedback for improvement
- Drive a safety-first culture across all aspects of the operation
- Provide training to new and existing AVOs (Autonomous Vehicle Operators) and act as backup AVO if required
- Track and replenish inventory related to operations
- Ensure fleet maintenance is tracked and carried out on time
- Perform regular audits on vehicle safety, pre-trip and post-trip inspections and vehicle cleanliness
- Coordinate with 3rd party suppliers and vendors for service and repair needs
- Coordinate transportation of vehicles within the local market
- Support engineering operations and testing by managing availability schedules for trucks and personnel
- Ensure continuous and efficient testing operations through standard procedures and documentation
- Prioritize, adapt and maintain the backlog of tasks to ensure the test plans, schedules and priorities meet the company’s milestones
- Receive and dispatch orders and updates to ensure deliveries are flowing smoothly
- Monitor the status of drivers and deliveries to coordinate and prioritize their schedule
- Provide drivers and clients with information about updates and completed tasks
- Receive emergency and non-emergency instant messages or calls
- Address problems and requests by transmitting information or providing solutions.
- Maintain vehicle operator work records
- Manage AVO schedules for operations and testing to minimize overtime while ensuring coverage
- Accountable for ensuring that AVOs follow Gatik standard processes
- Schedule and host regular 1:1s, ride alongs, and team meetings with AVOs
- Delegate daily tasks for AVOs to complete during downtime
- Accountable for the organization and maintenance of dashboards to track performance metrics, tasks, and issues
- Review AVOs’ performances, coaching, and counseling
- Communicate effectively with all stakeholders with updates, requests, and escalations as necessary
- Be able to complete any and all tasks that would be expected of an AVO
- Be comfortable researching and self-teaching as necessary to learn and master new ideas and concepts
- Focus on continuous process improvements and come up with creative ways to improve efficiency
- Rebalance fleet allocation as new locations and markets come to light
- Bachelor's degree in Logistics, Supply Chain, Transportation, Fleet Management or related field
- Proven experience in coordinating logistics and/or operations
- Basic knowledge of common vehicle electrical and networking systems
- Excellent analytical aptitude and experience with Excel and other data analysis tools
- Advanced communication, supervision, influencing skills, and excellent organizational efficiency
- Ability to use quantitative and qualitative feedback to form insights that drive actions
Working at Gatik
At Gatik, we bring together extraordinarily talented yet humble people to create a more responsive and environmentally sustainable supply chain. We are builders, united behind a bold vision and shared commitment to our values.
From our offices across North America, we relentlessly pursue big goals with focus and determination. We leverage our diversity to design and deliver what's next for our customers and each other. We recognize that the path toward excellence balances thoughtful solutions with aligned action.
At Gatik, we help deliver goods safely and efficiently to diverse communities across North America. To be successful in our mission we need a diverse team. Gatik is an equal employment opportunity employer. Individuals seeking employment at Gatik are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy status, parent or caregiver status, ancestry, political affiliation, veteran and/or military status, physical or mental disability, or any other status protected by federal or state law.
Gatik makes workplace accommodations for individuals with disabilities as required by law. If you need any accommodations or adjustments throughout the interview process and beyond, please let us know.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Autonomous Delivery Network for the Middle Mile