Gatik, the leader in autonomous middle mile logistics, delivers goods safely and efficiently using its fleet of light & medium duty trucks. The company focuses on short-haul, business to business (B2B) logistics for the retail industry, enabling its customers to optimize their hub-and-spoke supply chain operations, enhance inventory pooling across multiple locations, reduce labor costs and meet unprecedented consumer demand for fast delivery.
We are looking for experienced automotive technicians looking to advance their automotive career. Our ideal candidate is a multi-tasker who can meet accelerated deadlines, is familiar with computers and electronics as well as the mechanical aspects of trucks, and feels confident in performing mechanical repairs and maintenance.
If you are a hands-on individual who enjoys solving unique problems and takes pride in the quality of your work, we'd like to meet you!
- Regular truck maintenance and checks to support a fleet of autonomous and manual vehicles in order to maximize uptime and availability
- Assist the engineering team with diagnostics and testing
- Troubleshoot networking and computer issues
- Replace networking and computer hardware as necessary
- Organize dealer services and specialist repairs as necessary
- Assist in creating assembly, troubleshooting, and repair documentation
- Trace wiring faults, diagnose failures, repair automotive harnesses, and replace electrical components as necessary
- Track and document work completed and changes made to the vehicles
- Assist in installation, calibration, and replacement of sensors
- Working closely with our engineering teams to improve the product
- On-call for off-shift and weekend service calls as required
- Travel to and support at off-site locations as required
- Maintain a clean and tidy workshop
- Attend company assigned training as required
- Comfortable and competent with vehicle maintenance and diagnosis
- Good knowledge of wiring including soldering, crimping, splicing, and repair
- Good knowledge of computer usage including command-line tools
- Good technical written and verbal communication skills
- Familiarity with vehicle diagnostic tools
- Demonstrated technical troubleshooting skills
- A relevant trade certificate, college diploma, or university degree
- 3+ years of relevant experience; valid passport for international travel
- Valid Texas Class C License
- An automotive technician trade and experience
- Experience with diagnosing and repairing modern CAN bus-based automotive systems
- Experience in building, and repairing computer and networking systems
- Experience with Linux command-line tools
- Knowledge of Python or MatLab for data processing and scripting
- Experience in electronics design and diagnosis
Working at Gatik
At Gatik, we bring together extraordinarily talented yet humble people to create a more responsive and environmentally sustainable supply chain. We are builders, united behind a bold vision and shared commitment to our values.
From our offices across North America, we relentlessly pursue big goals with focus and determination. We leverage our diversity to design and deliver what's next for our customers and each other. We recognize that the path toward excellence balances thoughtful solutions with aligned action.
At Gatik, we help deliver goods safely and efficiently to diverse communities across North America. To be successful in our mission we need a diverse team. Gatik is an equal employment opportunity employer. Individuals seeking employment at Gatik are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy status, parent or caregiver status, ancestry, political affiliation, veteran and/or military status, physical or mental disability, or any other status protected by federal or state law.
Gatik makes workplace accommodations for individuals with disabilities as required by law. If you need any accommodations or adjustments throughout the interview process and beyond, please let us know.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Autonomous Delivery Network for the Middle Mile