Sr. Director, Finance
At Nauto you can make an impact at a high-impact company. We believe technology can help prevent collisions and save lives with predictive-AI that detects driver state and vehicle surroundings in real-time. More than 90% of car crashes can be attributed to human error. Nauto technology is designed to predict risk and alerts the driver with advance warning to help prevent collisions, improve driver safety, and save lives.
Our customers and prospects include many of the largest commercial fleets in the world along with vehicle manufacturers (OEMs), insurance providers, and autonomous vehicle companies. The company is backed by Greylock Partners, BMW iVentures, General Motors Ventures, Toyota AI Ventures, and SoftBank, and is well-positioned for continued growth.
Reporting to the Vice President of Operations, the Sr. Director, Finance leads Nauto’s finance and accounting activities to ensure effective financial management across the organization. Manages and mentors the Finance and Accounting team. Leads financial controls and systems across Nauto and develops best-practice, financial management policies and procedures. Creates, analyzes, and prepares financial planning and accounting reports for management and other key stakeholders. Provides high-quality support and financial advice to budget holders, managers, and other staff and is accountable for financial commitments.
- Manage core financial planning and analysis activities, including:
- Conduct monthly, quarterly, and long-range modeling and forecasting of full company financials (ARR, total and one time revenue, OPEX, cash, etc.) using inputs from Sales, Operations, Finance, and other cross-functional stakeholders
- Lead the Finance team in the development of the annual financial plan
- Account for budget variances and report significant discrepancies to management
- Develop metrics and key performance indicators to monitor Nauto’s financial performance
- Recommend benchmarks for the measurement and assessment of company financial performance goals
- Lead monthly financial planning activities in support of the Sales and Operations Planning (S&OP) process to identify and help close gaps to plan
- With support from the Nauto Controller, oversee finance and accounting operations of Nauto, including accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, and other transaction-processing operations and finance and accounting activities
- Schedule payments for accounts payable promptly
- Schedule timely payments for debt repayment
- Ensure prompt collection of accounts receivable
- Complete periodic bank reconciliations
- Maintain a system of controls over all transactions and an organized and orderly filing system of all accounting documents
- Maintain a comprehensive system of accounting records
- Ensure Nauto compliance with all local, state, and federal tax filings and reporting requirements.
- Communicate business objectives and performance to key stakeholders including employees, investors, and the Board of Directors
- Refine (as necessary) the financial and accounting department organizational structure to meet Nauto and department goals and objectives
- with support from the Nauto Controller
- Oversee any outsourced accounting functions, and collaborate with external auditors as needed
- Produce the annual budget and predict budget forecasts
- Maintain an adequate system of budgets and controls to enable Nauto to meet its financial objectives
- Analyze capital investments, contract negotiations, and pricing decisions
- Identify and implement tools and systems (e.g., ERP) that improve financial and accounting management and implement processes to streamline operations.
- Support business development and investor engagement activities for capital acquisition.
- Support executive team OKR metrics (ARR, gross margin, customer cohort evaluation-net gross adds, churn).
- Prepare and help lead investor meetings.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Significant financial planning and analysis skills and knowledge of financial accounting.
- Small and large organizations accounting leadership.
- Experience hiring, developing talent, and scaling financial operations.
- Demonstrated ability to earn the trust of team members and management.
- Team player with excellent verbal, written communication/presentation, and interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate across all levels of organization and lead cross-functional collaboration.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Accounting, Finance, Economics, or similar background with at least 10 years’ experience; MBA or Master’s in Finance, a plus.
- 5-years’ supervisory/management experience
- Expertise in financial modeling and quantitative analysis, to solve complex and unstructured finance, accounting, and cost related problems for IoT and SaaS companies
- Demonstrated experience overseeing cash flow forecasting and management for early-stage companies
- Knowledge of accounting and financial management experience compliant to GAAP and other regulatory requirements.
- Knowledge of ERP and financial management and accounting tools; experience with Oracle NetSuite, a plus.
- Start-up experience; entrepreneurial, flexible and open to new ideas.
- Ground floor opportunity with the team; shape the strategic direction of the company.
- Experienced leadership with a successful track record of growing startups.
- Comfortable co-working environment and communal problem solving.
- We love Hackathons!
- We are a dog friendly environment.
- We are in the heart of Palo Alto, walking distance from the Caltrain station.
We also have all the best benefits, including:
- Stock options
- Coverage for (health, dental, vision) including qualified dependents
- Healthcare spending accounts (FSA, HSA)
- Up to 20 weeks of parental leave
- Flexible PTO
Come revolutionize transportation safety and do your best work here at Nauto!
Nauto is committed to being a diverse and inclusive environment that fosters learning from each other. We celebrate people of diverse backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to providing a work environment free of harassment and discrimination.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
We’re a growing team of engineering, product, sales and operations experts working together to make driving safer and smarter