Data Scientist (Remote)
May Mobility is transforming cities through autonomous technology to create a safer, greener, more accessible world. Based in Ann Arbor, Michigan, May develops and deploys autonomous vehicles (AVs) powered by our innovative Multi-Policy Decision Making (MPDM) technology that literally reimagines the way AVs think.
Our vehicles do more than just drive themselves - they provide value to communities, bridge public transit gaps and move people where they need to go safely, easily and with a lot more fun. We’re building the world’s best autonomy system to reimagine transit by minimizing congestion, expanding access and encouraging better land use in order to foster more green, vibrant and livable spaces. Since our founding in 2017, we’ve given more than 300,000 autonomy-enabled rides to real people around the globe. And we’re just getting started. We’re hiring people who share our passion for building the future, today, solving real-world problems and seeing the impact of their work. Join us.
Data Scientist (Remote)
About May Mobility
May Mobility is transforming transportation by developing and deploying autonomous vehicles that get people where they need to go-- safely, easily, and with a lot more fun. Our vehicles are on the streets of Grand Rapids, Michigan, Indianapolis, Indiana, Arlington, Texas and Hiroshima, Japan navigating complex downtown scenarios and transporting thousands of people on their daily commute every week. We are establishing a ground game that will propel us into even larger markets in the future.
Based in Ann Arbor, Michigan, our team develops driverless technology to give people more time to laugh with friends, to solve an interesting problem, or to enjoy the world around them. We’re hiring people who share our passion for building the future, today.
Software and Data Infrastructure Team
The SDI Team is a key enabler of the May Mobility mission, operationalizing the experience of using autonomous technology for real people on real routes. We leverage automation and DevOps culture to build cloud infrastructure and developer productivity tools at scale. We provide the data backbone of the company, from raw log data on vehicles to consumers with varying needs. We build experiences for internal teams managing the fleet, external customers and passengers. Members of this tight-knit group act as a force multiplier for the company.
Your Opportunity to Drive Success
- Analyze, build, test, and implement models that utilize various and diverse data sets to solve problems related to autonomous and shared transportation
- Build and implement machine learning and statistical models that extract meaningful insights from vehicle data to power May Mobility’s data products
- Build data visualization, dashboards, and reports for internal and external customers
- Collaborate with data engineers on our real-time and historical data pipelines to enable our fleet to operate and facilitate continuous development of our system
- Define, build, and expand analytic tools for managing, searching, and analyzing vehicle datasets with internal and external partners
- Identify programmatic or data issues and build solutions
- Participate in new technology introduction initiatives for modern data tools and industry best practices
- B.S. Degree in Engineering, Data Science, Math, Statistics, or an equivalent degree and 2+ years of industry experience
- 2+ years of experience designing, building, productizing and improving statistical and machine learning models
- Experience with a programming language, such as Python, R, SQL
- Experience working with databases, such as Postgres, MySQL, SQL Server
- Experience analyzing, evaluating and transforming data from multiple sources
- Attention to detail
- Written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with robotics, automotive engineering, or start-ups is not required
- Ability to undergo a driving record check
- M.S. Degree in Engineering, Data Science, Math, Statistics, or an equivalent degree and 2+ years of industry experience
- Expertise in Python, R, SQL
- Experience with Hadoop, Hive, Presto, Spark
- Familiarity with data visualization principles
- Experience with GIS
- BI Tool experience (e.g. AWS Quicksight, Tableau)
- Working knowledge of data structures and algorithms
- Working knowledge of telemetry systems and real-time data processing
Benefits and Perks
- Paid health benefits including vision and dental
- Unlimited paid vacation policy and generous holidays
- Significant stock options
- Daily catered lunches and snacks
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and/or people of color are less likely to apply to a job unless they meet every qualification. At May Mobility, we’re committed to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workforce, so if you’re excited about this role but your previous experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification, we encourage you to apply anyway! You may be the perfect candidate for this or another role at May.
Want to learn more about our culture & benefits? Check out our website!
May Mobility is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, genetics or any other legally protected basis. Below, you have the opportunity to share your preferred gender pronouns, gender, ethnicity, and veteran status with May Mobility to help us identify areas of improvement in our hiring and recruitment processes. Completion of these questions is entirely voluntary. Any information you choose to provide will be kept confidential, and will not impact the hiring decision in any way. If you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: May Mobility does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Furthermore, May Mobility does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Nice to move you