Director, Sales & Business Development (B2B)
May Mobility is transforming cities through autonomous technology to create a safer, greener, more accessible world. Based in Ann Arbor, Michigan, May develops and deploys autonomous vehicles (AVs) powered by our innovative Multi-Policy Decision Making (MPDM) technology that literally reimagines the way AVs think.
Our vehicles do more than just drive themselves - they provide value to communities, bridge public transit gaps and move people where they need to go safely, easily and with a lot more fun. We’re building the world’s best autonomy system to reimagine transit by minimizing congestion, expanding access and encouraging better land use in order to foster more green, vibrant and livable spaces. Since our founding in 2017, we’ve given more than 300,000 autonomy-enabled rides to real people around the globe. And we’re just getting started. We’re hiring people who share our passion for building the future, today, solving real-world problems and seeing the impact of their work. Join us.
May Mobility is entering an exciting phase of growth and our team is expanding quickly. We are looking for a Director of Sales and Business Development for the B2B market segment to win new business, develop and manage our sales pipeline, and support our channel strategy. This role will report to the CCO and will operate cross functionally with stakeholders across Marketing, Channels & partnerships, Operations, Policy, Product, and Engineering.
- Win new business for May Mobility and grow revenues for the B2B space
- Create and execute sales strategy including sales forecasting and customer acquisition strategy for B2B
- Source RFIs/RFPs and bid proposals/pitches, in partnership with our Policy and Advocacy and Channels teams for B2B, K-12, Universities and Corporate campuses, etc.
- Create and execute RFP response process that wins new contracts
- Build a qualified pipeline: Create new opportunities for May Mobility to sell and operate our mobility services in the focused area.
- Execute on our channel partner management strategy and drive channel partner activities including sales, and supplier sourced partner opportunities
- Lead monthly Business Pipeline Meeting, weekly pipeline overview, BoD pipeline overview
- Create, recruit and manage sales organization as needed in B2B space
- Expand existing business: Grow May Mobility’s existing network and business opportunities.
Qualifications and Skills
- 10+ year(s) experience in sales, business development, marketing, transportation planning, B2B business Development
- Demonstrated success in growing sales portfolio
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills across multiple platforms
- Ability to work effectively with team members at all levels of the organization
- Demonstrated ability to approach problems in a methodical and process-oriented manner
- Proven experience in quickly identifying and solving complex problems
- High attention to detail and proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously
- Ability to travel approximately 30% of the time
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record for at least 3 years
- Ability to operate and drive May Mobility vehicles
Desirable Qualifications (not required)
- Exposure to the autonomous vehicle and/or robotics industry
- Exposure to the mobility and/or transportation industry
- Exposure to working with K-12 and creating new monetizing strategies within B2B
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and/or people of color are less likely to apply to a job unless they meet every qualification. At May Mobility, we’re committed to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workforce, so if you’re excited about this role but your previous experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification, we encourage you to apply anyway! You may be the perfect candidate for this or another role at May.
Want to learn more about our culture & benefits? Check out our website!
May Mobility is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, genetics or any other legally protected basis. Below, you have the opportunity to share your preferred gender pronouns, gender, ethnicity, and veteran status with May Mobility to help us identify areas of improvement in our hiring and recruitment processes. Completion of these questions is entirely voluntary. Any information you choose to provide will be kept confidential, and will not impact the hiring decision in any way. If you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: May Mobility does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Furthermore, May Mobility does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Nice to move you