Director, Customer Success (remote)
May Mobility is transforming cities through autonomous technology to create a safer, greener, more accessible world. Based in Ann Arbor, Michigan, May develops and deploys autonomous vehicles (AVs) powered by our innovative Multi-Policy Decision Making (MPDM) technology that literally reimagines the way AVs think.
Our vehicles do more than just drive themselves - they provide value to communities, bridge public transit gaps and move people where they need to go safely, easily and with a lot more fun. We’re building the world’s best autonomy system to reimagine transit by minimizing congestion, expanding access and encouraging better land use in order to foster more green, vibrant and livable spaces. Since our founding in 2017, we’ve given more than 300,000 autonomy-enabled rides to real people around the globe. And we’re just getting started. We’re hiring people who share our passion for building the future, today, solving real-world problems and seeing the impact of their work. Join us.
May Mobility is entering an exciting phase of growth and our team is expanding quickly. We are looking for a Director of Customer Success to help retain and renew our existing business, expand the business and ensure we are managing to the expectations of the customers on their key KPI’s. This role will report to the CCO and will operate cross functionally with stakeholders across Marketing, Business Development, Operations, Policy, Product, and Engineering.
- Define the vision of the Customer Experience
- Define the customer journey for our customers and enhance team efficiency through automation
- Oversee and manage Customer Success Managers
- Lead and develop a team of Customer Success Managers, who drive adoption and value for May customers
- Solidify and expand May implementation and adoption framework and best practices, driving consistent use of the framework by the team
- Work with Customer Success Managers and customers to onboard the May solution, plan and strategize on customer roadmaps, with the ultimate goal of driving value
- Collaborate with the BD team and other business leaders to ensure a strong, joint business plan & shared execution to deliver value quickly to our customers
- Serve as a point of escalation for team members and customers
- Partner with product and engineering to continuously improve products and bring the voice of the customer into the organization
- Drive true value for customers - find ways for CSMs to deeply understand our customers’ objectives and become a trusted advisor
- Identify opportunities for continuous improvement
- Lead and develop new initiatives for account strategy and customer health
- Drive Renewal and expansion opportunities
- Work with Customer Success Managers and other teams to think of and implement new strategies for engaging customers, driving adoption, helping them get ROI from May, and eventually renew and expand their contracts
- Bachelor’s degree is required; Master’s or MBA preferred
- Minimum of 10 years of business experience (customer success)
- 5+ years’ experience leading a customer success/account management team
- Proven track record of maintaining and growing customer relationships
- Strong intuition with the ability to anticipate future needs
- Experience in building Senior Executive-level relationships
- A “customer first” attitude
- Ability to develop analytics to measure customer success initiatives
- Success with creating and executing processes that scale, supported by technology
- Ability to lead through influence, working cross-functionally
- Ability to break down complex problems into clear, manageable parts and execute the solution
- Ability to use data to drive action
- Strong people management, coaching and development experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and comfortable presenting to different audiences including experience presenting to Executive Management Teams.
- A good understanding of customer success methodologies and practices including (but not limited to) segmentation, customer journey, and customer health scoring
- Commercial experience in renewals and/or upselling
- Highly effective at dealing with change and ambiguity as business needs shift responding well under pressure and demonstrating flexibility while ensuring compliance
- Travel - up to 25% to attend customer sites, company meetings or functions
- Paid health benefits including vision and dental
- Generous paid vacation days and holidays
- Beverages, lunches, and snacks provided in the office
- Meaningful stock options
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and/or people of color are less likely to apply to a job unless they meet every qualification. At May Mobility, we’re committed to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workforce, so if you’re excited about this role but your previous experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification, we encourage you to apply anyway! You may be the perfect candidate for this or another role at May.
Want to learn more about our culture & benefits? Check out our website!
May Mobility is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, genetics or any other legally protected basis. Below, you have the opportunity to share your preferred gender pronouns, gender, ethnicity, and veteran status with May Mobility to help us identify areas of improvement in our hiring and recruitment processes. Completion of these questions is entirely voluntary. Any information you choose to provide will be kept confidential, and will not impact the hiring decision in any way. If you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: May Mobility does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Furthermore, May Mobility does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Nice to move you