Business Development Representative (Remote)
May Mobility is transforming cities through autonomous technology to create a safer, greener, more accessible world. Based in Ann Arbor, Michigan, May develops and deploys autonomous vehicles (AVs) powered by our innovative Multi-Policy Decision Making (MPDM) technology that literally reimagines the way AVs think.
Our vehicles do more than just drive themselves - they provide value to communities, bridge public transit gaps and move people where they need to go safely, easily and with a lot more fun. We’re building the world’s best autonomy system to reimagine transit by minimizing congestion, expanding access and encouraging better land use in order to foster more green, vibrant and livable spaces. Since our founding in 2017, we’ve given more than 300,000 autonomy-enabled rides to real people around the globe. And we’re just getting started. We’re hiring people who share our passion for building the future, today, solving real-world problems and seeing the impact of their work. Join us.
The Business Development Representative is an entry-level role that will assist the Business Development Team in facilitating the acquisition of new business. In addition to providing analysis and insights, this role will support the sales process by finding new opportunities and creating qualified meetings. Our work environment is fast-paced and collaborative; it requires someone who can roll up their sleeves and be a team player. This is a terrific opportunity to learn a developing industry and grow within a rapidly expanding organization. This role will report directly to the Director of Business Development and or Marketing.
- Sourcing & qualifying quality leads for the Business development and Sales teams
- Interacting by phone and email with key personnel up to, and including, C-Level Executives
- Acquiring & maintaining a working knowledge of May Mobility’s AV solutions to become a trusted advisor to prospects
- Uncovering & qualifying prospective customer needs, understanding business processes, identifying projects, determining requirements, and ascertaining potential solutions
- Demonstrating initiative, creativity & collaboration through ad-hoc projects for various departments
- Assist in developing processes, tracking and reporting for May’s CRM
- Use enterprise tools to source RFIs/RFPs opportunities and evaluate for fit with May’s strategy.
- Build proposals and materials to help drive prospects further down funnel
- Support market segmentation and opportunity sizing
- Attend webinars and industry events and bring learnings back to the larger team
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor degree
- 2+ year(s) experience in sales, business development, marketing, transportation planning, urban planning, or public policy (Willing to consider internship and co-op experience)
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills across multiple platforms
- Ability to work collaboratively with team members at all levels of the organization
- Demonstrated ability to approach problems in a methodical and process-oriented manner
- High attention to detail and proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously
- Ability to travel up to 20% of the time
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record for at least 3 years
- Ability to operate and drive May Mobility vehicles
Desirable Qualifications (not required)
- Exposure to the autonomous vehicle or robotics industry
- Exposure to city/transportation planning
- Exposure to working with local, state, regional, or federal government agencies
- Experience with CRM “Monday”, Salesforce, and Google G-Suite
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and/or people of color are less likely to apply to a job unless they meet every qualification. At May Mobility, we’re committed to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workforce, so if you’re excited about this role but your previous experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification, we encourage you to apply anyway! You may be the perfect candidate for this or another role at May.
Want to learn more about our culture & benefits? Check out our website!
May Mobility is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, genetics or any other legally protected basis. Below, you have the opportunity to share your preferred gender pronouns, gender, ethnicity, and veteran status with May Mobility to help us identify areas of improvement in our hiring and recruitment processes. Completion of these questions is entirely voluntary. Any information you choose to provide will be kept confidential, and will not impact the hiring decision in any way. If you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: May Mobility does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Furthermore, May Mobility does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Nice to move you