Robot Operator (1st and 2nd Shift)
Located in Northern California, the Joby Aviation team is steadily working toward our goal of creating an affordable, all-electric air transportation system. Imagine an air taxi that takes off vertically, then quietly and quickly carries you over the traffic congestion below, giving you back the time that otherwise would have spent sitting in traffic. Since 2009, our team has been making this dream a reality, designing and flight testing a prototype aircraft capable of serving in a network of electric air taxis. We’re looking for talented individuals to join our team as we push onwards toward certifying the aircraft with the Federal Aviation Administration and preparing for commercialization with launch targeted in select markets for 2024.
Joby Aviation is seeking a self-motivated and hard-working Robot Operator. The role is to operate Automated Fiber Placement Robot, while working closely with both engineering and manufacturing teams, in support of R&D and production parts fabrication. The Joby Aviation team is looking to add to our already dynamic team with good people with great skills.
- Working hands-on in a shop environment as a team member on activities including:
- High-performance composite parts fabrication using prepreg carbon materials
- Operating an Automated Robot cell after training
- Large-scale bonded and fastened composite assemblies
- Perform tooling prep work and hand lay-up of prepreg materials
- Layup and infusion of carbon fiber tools for composite parts
- Assisting in developing new manufacturing processes and technology
- 1-2yrs experience of Composites and/or Robot Operator experience.
- Basic problem solving and critical thinking skills and ability to follow safe work practices.
- Follow proper Lock-out procedures.
- Knowledge of basic inspection equipment.
- Knowledge of basic hand tools.
- Able to lift assemblies weighing up to 50 lbs.
- Able to become certified to wear a respirator.
- Have no known allergies to epoxies or other composites materials.
- Must be able to verbally communicate, read and comprehend written and verbal instructions, detailed blueprints and other similar authorized drawings and documents, and be capable of doing basic mathematical calculations
- Oven, autoclave, laser projection, and automated ply cutting equipment operator experience a plus, but not required
Compensation at Joby is a combination of base pay and Restricted Stock Units (RSUs). The target base pay for this position is $18-$25/hour. The compensation package will be determined by job-related knowledge, skills, and experience.
Joby also offers a comprehensive benefits package, including paid time off, healthcare benefits, a 401(k) plan with a company match, an employee stock purchase plan (ESPP), short-term and long-term disability coverage, life insurance, and more.
Joby Aviation is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Electric Aerial Ridesharing