Located in Northern California, the Joby Aviation team is steadily working toward our goal of creating an affordable, all-electric air transportation system. Imagine an air taxi that takes off vertically, then quietly and quickly carries you over the traffic congestion below, giving you back the time that otherwise would have spent sitting in traffic. Since 2009, our team has been making this dream a reality, designing and flight testing a prototype aircraft capable of serving in a network of electric air taxis. We’re looking for talented individuals to join our team as we push onwards toward certifying the aircraft with the Federal Aviation Administration and preparing for commercialization with launch targeted in select markets for 2024.
The Coordinate Measuring Machine (CMM) Programmer is responsible for developing and executing proper measurement strategies for a variety of simple and complex parts. This individual shall determine proper fixtures, jigs, tools required to accurately perform measurement routines for in-process and final inspections. The Coordinate Measuring Machine (CMM) Programmer should have a thorough understanding of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T) and can interpret blueprints and provide feedback to designers as needed. It is preferred that candidate has prior experience in operating and programming additional measurement equipment as there will be situations where a combination of measurement equipment will be needed to complete the task. The Programmer responsibilities include (but not limited to):
- Efficiently create measurement programs to carry out dimensional analysis of simple and complex parts and assemblies
- Develop and/or design part fixturing to accurately evaluate parts and/or assemblies.
- Efficiently perform First Article through Final Inspection using a CMM
- Professionally communicate any component deviations to engineering teams
- Ability to determine optimal measuring device for the required task
- Communicate effectively to build strong professional colleague relationships
- Develop and Verify Programs meet the requirements of the drawing and design data.
- Advise other departments of discrepancies
- Prepare and distribute inspection reports to engineering teams
- High school diploma or GED and a minimum of 3+ years of experience in programming CMM (Hexagon/PCDMIS preferred)
- Strong knowledge of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerance (GD&T)
- Proficient with Polyworks and Control X Software
- Retrieve Catia V5 model, drawings & other blueprint specifications
- Ability to collect & analyze data utilizing statistical process tools
- Ability to read and interpret quality control specifications, blueprint drawings and engineering specifications including mechanical and electrical symbols and conventions, key, critical, major and minor characteristics
- Proficient use of inspection tools or machinery (i.e. surface plate, thread gauges, pin gauges, micrometers, calipers, height master and height gauge, Jo-Blocks, impression molds)
- Must have basic calibration knowledge
- Must be able to identify/recognize inspection errors and nonconformances and initiate corrective action
- Strong knowledge of basic mathematical operations and perform measurement conversions; be able to solve for x; add and subtract degrees, minutes, and seconds.
- Understand traceability (product, material and calibration)
- Ability to work within a team environment
- Proficient use of Keyance, OMM, Faro Arm and Romer Arm
- Experience with ISO9001 or AS9100 (quality management system for Aerospace industry)
- Knowledge of AS9102 First Article Inspection Requirement
- Knowledge of statistical Process control and gauge R&R
- Understanding basic statistical terms and techniques, how to plot data and how to recognize out-of-control conditions
- Ability to use inspection planning tools and perform a product audit; determine sample size for lots; pull random samples
Pursuant to various local, state, and federal regulations, you must show proof of your full COVID-19 vaccination status prior to your start date. Exemption requests are available for bona fide religious and medical circumstances.
Joby Aviaiton is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Electric Aerial Ridesharing