Powertrain and Electronics - Test Technician
Located in Northern California, the Joby Aviation team is steadily working toward our goal of creating an affordable, all-electric air transportation system. Imagine an air taxi that takes off vertically, then quietly and quickly carries you over the traffic congestion below, giving you back the time that otherwise would have spent sitting in traffic. Since 2009, our team has been making this dream a reality, designing and flight testing a prototype aircraft capable of serving in a network of electric air taxis. We’re looking for talented individuals to join our team as we push onwards toward certifying the aircraft with the Federal Aviation Administration and preparing for commercialization with launch targeted in select markets for 2024.
Joby Aviation is seeking a highly organized, passionate individual to join our Testing team. As part of this team, you will contribute to the development of flight-critical components and systems for VTOL electric aircraft. The Joby Aviation team is made up of extremely talented, hardworking, proactive, and hands-on individuals, operating in a very fast-paced and rewarding environment. We are looking to expand this team with like-minded individuals looking to make a mark in the transportation industry.
- Work closely with Test Engineers and Equipment Design Engineers to provide support in assembling, maintaining, and operating in-house designed test rigs, stands and fixtures.
- Install instrumentation and data acquisition systems using foil strain gauges, accelerometers, load cells, thermistors, etc. (including sensor installation).
- Support Test Engineers with assembling component/system level electro-mechanical equipment with minimal supervision.
- Build wiring harness, soldering of electronics, and overall electrical craftsmanship.
- Setup, execute, and monitor validation and reliability tests at component and system level as per approved test plan.
- Aid in the development of technical work procedures and process documentation.
- Maintain a clean workspace and inventory of tools and equipment.
- Positive attitude and willingness to work individually and as part of a team.
- Excellent problem-solving techniques and analytical ability.
- Hands-on attitude, and detail-oriented work habits in testing environment.
- Experience with mechanical design and manufacturing drawing.
- Experience with component assembly and systems integration of electronics.
- Ability to operate and maintain a wide variety of instrumentation and analytical tools, hand and power tools and HV equipment.
- IPC (or relevant) certification regarding rework and soldering.
- Experience with tool maintenance schedules and equipment calibration intervals.
- Experience with laboratory data analysis.
- Familiar with industrial test laboratory environments and procedures.
- Familiar with LabView, MATLAB.
- Familiar with Computer Aided Design - Catia and Solidworks.
Pursuant to various local, state, and federal regulations, you must show proof of your full COVID-19 vaccination status prior to your start date. Exemption requests are available for bona fide religious and medical circumstances.
Joby Aviation is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Electric Aerial Ridesharing