Environmental Sustainability Intern
Located in Northern California, the Joby Aviation team is steadily working toward our goal of creating an affordable, all-electric air transportation system. Imagine an air taxi that takes off vertically, then quietly and quickly carries you over the traffic congestion below, giving you back the time that otherwise would have spent sitting in traffic. Since 2009, our team has been making this dream a reality, designing and flight testing a prototype aircraft capable of serving in a network of electric air taxis. We’re looking for talented individuals to join our team as we push onwards toward certifying the aircraft with the Federal Aviation Administration and preparing for commercialization with launch targeted in select markets for 2024.
Under the direction of the Environmental Sustainability Program Manager, this position will support environmental compliance and sustainability programs, data collection and reporting, and engagement with public and internal teams. The internship will also perform related duties as required. This position is for the Fall of 2022, and is onsite in our Santa Cruz, CA office.
- Support the Environmental Sustainability Program Manager with team administration, projects, and planning
- Support the Environmental Sustainability Program Manager in data collection and management
- Create graphs, dashboards, and ad hoc analyses to support team decisions
- Utilize and assist with management of environmental compliance database to ensure quality of information
- Conduct permit applicability analyses, document results, and assist in drafting permit applications
- Support implementation of sustainable building operations
- Contribute to policy research, staff reports, and PowerPoint presentations
- Support grant research, proposal writing, and fund tracking
- Support reporting functions such as annual reports and emissions inventories
- Attend meetings, collect data and notes, track team deliverables
- Perform other duties as required
- Current student or recent graduate of a Bachelor’s program in Land Use Planning, Biology, Chemistry, Geography, Environmental Science, Ecology, Sustainability, Environmental Engineering, or a related field
- Work experience in a related field
- Ability to work well with multi-disciplinary teams
- Ability to show integrity, ethics, and transparency
- Skilled in effective communication (both written and verbal)
- Valid driver’s license and transit between Joby locations
Pursuant to various local, state, and federal regulations, you must show proof of your full COVID-19 vaccination status prior to your start date. Exemption requests are available for bona fide religious and medical circumstances.
Joby Aviation is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Electric Aerial Ridesharing