Technical Program Manager - Powertrain and Electronics
Located in Northern California, the Joby Aviation team has been steadily working toward our goal of providing safe, affordable, full electric air transportation that is accessible to everyone. Imagine an air taxi that takes off vertically, then quietly and quickly carries you over the congestion on the ground, giving you back that time you’d otherwise spend sitting in traffic. Technology has advanced to the point where designing and operating an all-electric aircraft is completely viable. Our team has been discreetly designing and flight testing this vehicle and is looking for talented individuals to see it through certification and high rate production.
Joby Aviation is seeking a passionate project manager to join our powertrain and electronics team with a focus in schedule development and engineering project management from prototyping to manufacturing introduction. The position will be in our Santa Cruz, CA location, and will actively work with various teams at Joby Aviation, including powertrain and electronics engineering, manufacturing, supply chain, integration and test, certification and more. This role will operate in a fast paced, demanding, and rewarding environment with very high expectations for individual contribution.
- Work closely with powertrain and electronics team to develop and maintain hardware project timeline towards aircraft type certification and manufacturing introduction.
- Establish status update process by working with design engineering, supply chain, manufacturing engineering, integration and test, and certification teams.
- Collaborate with project teams to define scope of work to development and update detailed schedules, resource information, and identification of variances from the baseline records.
- Evaluate project schedule progress and performance and identify developing problem areas.
- Analyze critical path and constraints to determine effect of changes to schedule and recommend work-around.
- Support project management team by implementing schedule changes into the Integrated Master Schedule (IMS), maintaining timely and effective change management processes and procedures.
- Assist project team to develop and maintain periodic status reports to keep management informed on project progress, risks and mitigations.
- Conduct analysis to determine alternative courses of action or recovery on slipped schedules.
- Bachelor’s in engineering or relevant field.
- 3+ years of experience in an engineering environment with responsibility for project scheduling and management.
- Expertise in project management tools such as Microsoft Project, OmniPlan, SmartSheet, Confluence, and JIRA.
- Proficiency in common workplace software: Word, spreadsheet, presentation software, etc.
- Demonstrated organizational skills and attention to details.
- Demonstrated experience in the simultaneous management of multiple high-paced engineering projects.
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written.
- Experience with aerospace or electrical vehicle projects.
Compensation at Joby is a combination of base pay and Restricted Stock Units (RSUs). The target base pay for this position is $95,400-$160,200/year. The compensation package will be determined by job-related knowledge, skills, and experience.
Joby also offers a comprehensive benefits package, including paid time off, healthcare benefits, a 401(k) plan with a company match, an employee stock purchase plan (ESPP), short-term and long-term disability coverage, life insurance, and more.
Joby Aviation is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Electric Aerial Ridesharing