Additive Manufacturing Operator
Located in Northern California, the Joby Aviation team is steadily working toward our goal of creating an affordable, all-electric air transportation system. Imagine an air taxi that takes off vertically, then quietly and quickly carries you over the traffic congestion below, giving you back the time that otherwise would have spent sitting in traffic. Since 2009, our team has been making this dream a reality, designing and flight testing a prototype aircraft capable of serving in a network of electric air taxis. We’re looking for talented individuals to join our team as we push onwards toward certifying the aircraft with the Federal Aviation Administration and preparing for commercialization with launch targeted in select markets for 2024.
Working as an Additive Metal Operator in our Marina office, you will run metal printer machines, powder processing equipment, and post-processing equipment. Initially, you will work supervised by team members experienced in operating the machines, and you will progress to work independently following standard operating procedures (SOPs). In this specialized technician role, you will be involved with the full manufacturing of these parts, from printing to depowdering to post-processing and cleaning.
- Setup, printing, and postprocessing of production-grade metal parts on PBF printer
- Maintaining effective time management and efficient process flow
- Cleaning metal machines using proper tools and procedures
- Performing support removal and post-processing steps for additive parts
- Operating various industrial equipment following SOPs
- Suggesting improvements to SOPs
- Maintaining a safe and clean lab environment
- H.S Diploma or equivalent
- Ability to stand, walk, climb stairs, crouch around machines, and lift up to 50 lbs regularly
- Stand or walk for long periods of time
- Excellent team spirit and ability to work independently
- Attention to detail
- Advanced manual dexterity and precision
- Ability to learn and follow all required safety guidelines
- Experience with computer and general computer operation
- Experience with equipment maintenance, operation of machinery, machine repair and preventive maintenance, mechanical knowledge
- Pursuant to various local, state, and federal regulations, you must show proof of your full COVID-19 vaccination status prior to your start date. Exemption requests are available for bona fide religious and medical circumstances
- 2+ years in an additive manufacturing lab
- 1-3 years of experience as a manufacturing technician, machine operator, field service engineer, or similar operational role
- Metal and/or polymer additive machining experience
Pursuant to various local, state, and federal regulations, you must show proof of your full COVID-19 vaccination status prior to your start date. Exemption requests are available for bona fide religious and medical circumstances.
Joby Aviation is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Electric Aerial Ridesharing