Software Engineer, Simulation and Modeling
Located in Northern California, the Joby Aviation team is steadily working toward our goal of creating an affordable, all-electric air transportation system. Imagine an air taxi that takes off vertically, then quietly and quickly carries you over the traffic congestion below, giving you back the time that otherwise would have spent sitting in traffic. Since 2009, our team has been making this dream a reality, designing and flight testing a prototype aircraft capable of serving in a network of electric air taxis. We’re looking for talented individuals to join our team as we push onwards toward certifying the aircraft with the Federal Aviation Administration and preparing for commercialization with launch targeted in select markets for 2024.
In the Software Engineer, Simulation and Modeling position, you will play an integral role in supporting the Flight Physics modeling, analysis, and design efforts at Joby. Responsibilities include developing, testing, deploying, and maintaining various automation tools to support engineers within the group. The position requires a solid background in programming and scripting languages, and experience with hands-on development using multiple automation technologies. The applicant is expected to have experience with Continuous Integration pipelines and working with cloud and on-prem systems.
- Work closely with the company’s DevOps and Test Automation teams to design, develop, test, deploy, maintain, and improve the Continuous Integration testing of the codebase used by the Flight Physics team
- Drive efforts to design, build, and develop automated tools that improve various workflows of the team (e.g. automating Python package and MATLAB toolboxes deployment)
- Identify opportunities and help implement optimizations to the performance of various in-house tools (e.g. building parallel processing pipelines for large scale analysis, recommend coding and/or algorithm improvements)
- B.S. in computer engineering, software engineering, or a relevant discipline
- 5-10 years of industry experience in working with various programming and scripting languages, including but not limited to Python, MATLAB, CMake, C++, Bash, Kotlin, etc.
- Experience with version control systems and package deployment tools, including GitHub and PIP
- Excellent problem solving, software debugging, and communication skills
- Ability to work in groups and individually
- Experience with one or more of the following would be a plus: MATLAB Parallel Server, AWS Services, Docker, TeamCity, Databricks
- Experience working with agile development tools
- Experience with Aerospace applications
- Experience with high-performance and parallel computing
Pursuant to various local, state, and federal regulations, you must show proof of your full COVID-19 vaccination status prior to your start date. Exemption requests are available for bona fide religious and medical circumstances.
Joby Aviation is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Electric Aerial Ridesharing