Full-Stack Software Engineer (m/f/d)
We deliver the promise of autonomy
At Edge Case Research, we enable our customers to assure the safety of autonomous systems for real world deployment. We are developing products that define and measure the safety of autonomous systems. Our client base spans diverse markets such as automotive, mining, defense, insurance, and aerospace. Edge Case is founded by the recognized world leaders in autonomous system safety and autonomous vehicle safety. Our experts are writing the standards and developing the products that will bring innovation safely into society.
Full-Stack Software Engineer:
Edge Case Research is expanding our Product Development Team. We are currently looking for engineers with experience in full-stack or backend development. If you are interested in working alongside the most experienced team in autonomous system safety, and you have a background in any of these areas, we are interested in hearing from you!
- Collaborate closely with product lead, UX design lead and technical lead to create the best possible solutions for customers
- Help with many aspects of product research and development and have a major impact on how products are built at Edge Case
- Authorization to work in the European Union is a precondition of employment. The company will not consider candidates who require sponsorship for a work-authorized visa.
- Bachelor’s in CS, CE, ECE, IT or equivalent experience in technical field
- 5+ years of experience as a software engineer or relevant work experience
- Curious and motivated to learn new technologies
- Ability to adapt to different and changing languages and technologies
- Experience with Agile methodologies
- Strong understanding of software engineering patterns and principles
- 5+ years experience writing production-ready code
- 2+ years working knowledge of microservices architectures
- Strong knowledge in programming structures, algorithms, and multithreading and parallelization concepts
- 3+ years experience using Docker
- 2+ years experience with Kubernetes ecosystem
- Familiarity with messaging systems like RabbitMQ or Kafka
- Experience with many databases solutions like MongoDB, Postgres, Cassandra and MySQL
Nice To Have:
- Masters in CS, CE, ECE, IT or equivalent experience in technical field
- Background in software safety or self-driving cars industry
- 1+ years experience with big data
- 2+ years experience or interest in frontend development (Node, Vue, Vuex, React, AngularJS, ES 6/7)
- Munich, Germany
- a unique environment working on the forefront of the self-driving car revolution in a well-funded and fast-growing start-up
- open-minded culture with opportunities to bring your own ideas and shape the future of this company
- an international team of talented people with a collaborative spirit and a shared goal
- work on the infrastructure that will help companies ensure the safety of self-driving cars
- a competitive salary and the option to participate in the employee stock option program
- work from our modern office in the heart of Schwabing with the option for remote work and flexible office days
Edge Case Research is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. ECR values all employees’ talents and supports an environment that is inclusive and respectful.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
DELIVER THE PROMISE OF AUTONOMY WITH EDGE CASE RESEARCH