Lidar Algorithm Engineer
We are changing the agricultural world with autonomy at Bear Flag Robotics. Our team is building a fleet of autonomous tractors and we’re looking for a lidar algorithm engineer to help transform lidar data into models that tell the tractor how to safely and effectively perform its tasks.
At Bear Flag, you will...
- Build AI for good in the truest sense -- your work will run on tractors around the world and make an immediate impact on food production and food supply for all of humanity.
- Have access to all the tools you need to do the best work possible.
- Control your own destiny with respect to modeling and algorithm design.
- Be encouraged to invent, to think outside the box, and to get as creative as you need to be.
- Get to drive a tractor! For real. They're huge. It's pretty amazing.
- Rotate with and learn from all other teams, including farming and tractor operations.
- Attend (and deliver?) company-wide Lunch and Learn talks.
In this role, you will...
- Develop innovative algorithms to interpret point cloud data and apply those algorithms to problems in off-road/non-urban navigation, object profiling and characterization, terrain mapping, job quality estimation, and more.
- Pioneer new approaches to using lidar in autonomous control and navigation, including 3D SLAM, dynamic localization, noise mitigation, and feature survival analysis.
- Work with engineers in radar, computer vision, and vehicle proprioception to build multi-modal solutions around vehicle awareness, reactive pose planning, and environment control.
- Graduate degree (MS or PhD) in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics or Physics or related field.
- Expertise in point cloud data processing, preferably through hands-on experience beyond merely leveraging existing libraries (e.g. PCL).
- Strong theoretical foundations and demonstrated experience in either (1) classic lidar-based perception algorithms (e.g. spatial data structures, 3D point features extraction, keypoint estimation, registration, reconstruction, etc.) or (2) lidar-related object and feature encoding algorithms (e.g. 3D Object Detection, Ground Plane Estimation, 3D Semantic Segmentation, etc.). Knowledge and experience in both tracks would be ideal.
- 4+ years of experience in AI and Machine Learning in industry and/or academia.
- Proficient in Python and/or C/C++.
- Excellent communication skills and good team player.
- Proven track record of technical excellence.
Nice to Have
- Experience in using ROS, ZMQ, MQTT, DDS, or other middleware systems.
- Experience in one or more areas related to perception for ADAS/AD such as optimization, sensor fusion, sensor processing, computer vision, sensor calibration, machine learning, deep learning, etc.
- Experience testing complex perception systems.
- Experience in working in agile development teams.
- Experience in component and system integration, including testing and verification, on system and vehicle levels.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Autonomous Tractor Fleets