Head of Strategy (Remote)
Join Axle and Become an Industry Disruptor
Axle is a financial enablement platform that is rapidly disrupting the $2 trillion logistics sector. Our proprietary technology platform allows freight brokers to simplify their financial operations and easily access the working capital they need to grow in a competitive market. We’re growing over 350% each year, and we’re backed by top freight and fintech investors.
We care about our employees’ professional – and personal – lives. Our workforce is fully remote, we offer unlimited paid time off and our culture celebrates diversity. We have a five-star rating on Glassdoor, and we’ve earned a Best Places to Work Award from Built In. Join us!
Your Opportunity: Build Things that Matter
As the Head of Strategy, you’ll have full ownership of research for product and market fit, our go to market strategy, and other key pieces of the business. In addition, you play a key role in helping the executive team make decisions by structuring the conversation and gathering supporting data.
What Inspires You
- You’ll be able to work with the senior leadership to influence the direction of the company. You will take the lead on structuring the strategic conversations and gathering the supporting data.
- You are a master of 3d chess. You love thinking deeply about problems and finding elegant solutions so that we can stay multiple moves ahead of the competition. You get to define “where to play and how to win”.
- You want to make a big impact on a critical industry. We work at the intersection of two massive industries, fintech and logistics/supply chain.
- You are an avid learner. You love reading industry trends, pouring over 10Ks, distilling new business models, and distilling the information in a clear and concise way.
What We’re Looking For
- 4-5+ years in consulting at a top tier consulting firm
- 2+ years as working ona Business Operations, Strategy, or Product Strategy.
- 2+ years experience in the logistics or B2B fintech industry the logistics space
- Experience with fintech solutions
- An avid team player who works collaboratively and supports all other team members, knowing that the whole is greater than the sum of its parts.
- An adventurous spirit excited about working for a fast-paced start-up and being accountable for having a tangible impact on the growth and success of the company.
- Someone who shares our values: Curiosity; Tenacity; Transparency; Team First; Empathy.
Unbelievable Benefits and Perks
- Fully remote work by design
- Company laptop; $1,000 home office build-out allowance
- $50/month mobile phone / $75/month Wi-Fi allowances
- Unlimited paid time off (PTO)
- Generous parental leave policy
- 100% PAID medical, dental and vision insurance for employees
- Short term disability; long term disability; life insurance
- 401k with potential future employer match
- $100/month wellness allowance
- $1,000/year professional development allowance
- $100/year philanthropy match to employee donations
- Quarterly in-person retreats for fun and learning
- Generous option (equity) grant opportunities
We Celebrate Diversity, Camaraderie and Growth
Axle’s culture embraces curiosity, collaboration and continual improvement. We strive to maintain an environment that’s friendly, inclusive and mutually supportive. We earn great employee reviews because we care about your professional growth and personal happiness. And we honor each individual’s uniqueness and contributions. We don’t just accept people’s differences. We celebrate them. Axle is an equal opportunity workplace and an equal opportunity employer.
Axle believes in providing pay transparency to all candidates. For annual compensation, our pay ranges for all roles are based on geographic location, job responsibilities and experience, benchmarked against similar stage companies in our industry. We share salary ranges on all job postings regardless of desired hiring location. Every final offer presented is determined by several components including location as well as candidate experience and skills, and could alter from the amounts listed above.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
All-in-One Financial Platform for Modern Freight Brokers