Senior Manufacturing Engineer
Aperia Technologies is unlocking a new era of efficiency & profitability for commercial vehicle fleets by developing innovative tire inﬂation hardware & analytics solutions. Inventors of the award-winning Halo™ Automatic Tire Inflator and cloud-deployed Halo™ Connect platform, Aperia saves fleets thousands of hours of downtime every week and reduces the environmental impact of the freight industry. Join us as we expand our product offering and take the next steps on our journey toward bringing the “backbone of our economy” into the automation age.
This position will be responsible for engineering production processes for new products and improving/scaling up current processes. Responsibilities will span multiple disciplines from technical writing, equipment specification, process qualification, implementation of quality processes, supplier management, root cause analyses, and data processing. In addition, this role requires the development of ambitious plans, breaking them into tangible goals, and executing on agreed-upon timelines.
- Job Type: Full-time exempt
- Schedule: Standard business hours with the occasional need to provide early morning/weekend factory support
- Travel requirements: This position may require occasional travel. Travel requirements <5%.
Functions and Responsibilities
- Develop and maintain a thorough understanding of our manufacturing operations
- Interact cross-functionally with Quality, Design Engineering, and Operations to resolve technical issues and non-conformances
- Engineer and validate new and/or improved assembly processes for efficiency and cost reduction.
- Factory layout planning & execution of the plan
- Generate and organize process documentation, including via flowcharts, PFMEAs, process documentation, and work instructions
- Create, release and implement Manufacturing Change Orders (MCOs)
- Lead investigations of production yield issues
- Collect, analyze, and report data to gain a deeper understanding of processes, address yield issues and identify strategic improvement opportunities.
- Document and execute non-standard builds, from documenting processes to routing material handling, setting up manufacturing floor space, and reporting results
- Industrial, Mechanical, Electrical Engineering (or similar) degree required.
- Minimum 5-8 years of experience in high-volume, low-mix production processes in the automotive or medical industries
- High acuity/aptitude for mechanical systems.
- Ability to interpret and review technical drawings and schematics
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, preferably demonstrated by previous leadership roles.
- Familiarity with various manufacturing techniques: injection molded plastics, sheet metal, machining
- Experience performing PFMEAs
- Industry best practices (Kaizen/5S/Toyota Management principles)
- Statistics and Statistical Process Control
- Experience in PLM or ERP systems (Arena, Netsuite)
- You get stuff done. You don’t wait around for someone to do something. Instead, you take the initiative, drive project completion and get results.
- You communicate clearly. This leads to peers and teams understanding the “why” behind You are data-driven. You prove assumptions with fact.
- You are adaptable. You adapt to changes in the work environment; manage competing demands; change approaches or methods to best fit the situation; deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- You are accountable. You stick by your commitments.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Halo Tire Inflator for Tractors & Trailers