Senior Mechanical Engineer
Aperia Technologies is unlocking a new era of efficiency & profitability for commercial vehicle fleets by developing innovative tire inﬂation hardware & analytics solutions. Inventors of the award-winning Halo™ Automatic Tire Inflator and cloud-deployed Halo™ Connect platform, Aperia saves fleets thousands of hours of downtime every week and reduces the environmental impact of the freight industry. Join us as we expand our product offering and take the next steps on our journey toward bringing the “backbone of our economy” into the automation age.
Aperia is adding a Senior Mechanical Engineer to round out our team as we work to release next-generation products.
In the first year, you will heavily focus on testing and validation, including developing test plans, designing/building fixtures, running tests, and analyzing the results. In addition, you will inform on design performance, including statistical and reliability analysis. Once this design stage concludes, several tantalizing new design projects will be on the docket for you to make significant contributions.
Build and Execute the Next Generation Testing Ecosystem
- Understand product requirements and translate them into testing requirements
- Develop test plans and identify necessary testing fixtures and test flows
- Implement accelerated testing plans with reliability metrics
- Design and build test fixtures, including programming necessary controllers/ sensors/ data collection
- Oversee test execution, analyze results, and recommend future actions or changes
- Write test reports and communicate findings to the broader team
Design & Optimize Next Generation Products
- Design and optimize next-generation products, including concept generation, analysis, CAD, prototyping, DFM, DFA, and user studies while working collaboratively within your engineering team and cross-functionally with the Aperia organization.
Design Experience & Qualifications
5 years of relevant industry experience with a bachelor’s degree in a related engineering discipline
- Strong competency in the following:
- Systems thinking and the ability to understand driving variables within a system
- Mechanical aptitude, hands-on assembly, modification, and tweaking/tinkering
- Electromechanical workings, sensor integration, motor control, data logging, and test automation
- LabVIEW, MATLAB, Excel, C++ (or similar microcontroller programming language)
- 3D CAD (SolidWorks or similar)
- Interpreting and analyzing test results into distillable conclusions
- Written and verbal communication
- Teamwork and collaboration
- Familiarity in the following:
- Test plan creation and execution, coordination with engineering support staff to keep tests running and on schedule
- Test fixture design; fabrication; hands-on assembly, calibration, adjustment, and modification
- Reliability science concepts and application
- Accelerated test methods and application: vibration, thermal
- Weibull statistical analysis
- Mechatronics, microcontrollers, motorized systems, robotics
- Data science, manipulating large datasets
- Fabrication via machining, welding, bolted assemblies, 3D printing, laser cutting
- Pneumatic systems
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Halo Tire Inflator for Tractors & Trailers