Aperia Technologies is unlocking a new era of efficiency & profitability for commercial vehicle fleets by developing innovative tire inﬂation hardware & analytics solutions. Inventors of the award-winning Halo™ Automatic Tire Inflator and cloud-deployed Halo™ Connect platform, Aperia saves fleets thousands of hours of downtime every week and reduces the environmental impact of the freight industry. Join us as we expand our product offering and take the next steps on our journey toward bringing the “backbone of our economy” into the automation age.
Aperia is adding an entry-level Mechanical Engineer to our tight-knit team as we design and launch our next generation of products. This is an opportunity to learn automotive-level engineering from a cadre of accomplished design, test, and manufacturing engineers as well as fabricators, field technicians, and product managers. At Aperia, you will participate in activities across the product development spectrum, from early-stage research & design to CAD modeling & prototyping, through the various stages of lab & field validation stages and into production. You can also count on getting into the field where you will talk to real customers to understand how your design decisions are meeting their needs and travel to vendors to check on their manufacturing processes and output.
- Design and build mechanical assemblies for next-gen products, including prototyping and hands-on field work
- Develop and execute validation tests, analyze results and advise next steps
- Perform field visits and audit the performance of products in the field
- Work with vendors to quote new designs, order samples
- Build and release ECOs (Engineering Change Orders) in Arena PLM, following Aperia best practices and policies
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering, with 1-2 years experience in product development (ideally automotive or another high volume, high-reliability industry)
- Mechanical aptitude and fluency in mechanical systems
- Fluency in a CAD program like SolidWorks or similar
- Fluency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and its Google derivatives (Docs, Sheets, Slides)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Self-motivated, intensely curious, and autodidactic
- Desire to work in a collaborative, team-focused environment that encourages independent thinking and continuous improvement
- LabVIEW, MATLAB, C++ (or similar microcontroller programming language) a big plus
- Mechatronics, robotics, electronics know-how
- Data analysis, simulations
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Halo Tire Inflator for Tractors & Trailers