Director of Quality
Become a leader in building a safer future.
AEye is the premier provider of intelligent, next generation, adaptive LiDAR for advanced driver-assistance, vehicle autonomy, and industrial applications that save lives and propel the future of transportation and mobility. We are technology thought leaders who value innovation to create reliable products that save lives. The company's 4Sight™ Intelligent Sensing Platform focuses on what matters most: enabling faster, more accurate and reliable perception for dynamic applications ranging from autonomous driving to intelligent infrastructure, which require precise measurement imaging to ensure safety and performance. AEye was founded in 2013 and is based in the San Francisco Bay Area. We believe in a creative atmosphere, with open, collaborative idea-sharing, where all employees are empowered to achieve their potential. Come experience our flexible and collaborative work environment!
AEye, Inc,. is looking for a qualified individual to maintain and augment Aeye’s TQMS and quality functions to assure that all Aeye products are designed, qualified, and manufactured to the highest reliability and quality standards. Partner with the management team, production associates, customers, and external suppliers to ensure product requirements are met. A systemic approach to quality assurance strategies and processes development. You will lead a small team of highly qualified quality engineers to drive product, supplier, and customer quality. Responsible for maintaining ISO requirements for all aspects of the Quality Management System and quality functions.
Tasks, Duties & Responsibilities:
- Maintain, refine, and implement Aeye’s Quality Management System ( QMS) .
- Review and maintain ISO-9001 compliance.
- Develop and drive the implementation of quality strategies and tactics related to Lidar Systems and overall quality discipline that ensure long-term success for the quality assurance function.
- Obtain and sustain global compliance Requirements for Aeye's product.
- Establish Quality KPIs and continuous improvement methodology.
- Manage document control and training, internal audits, CAPA and NCMR
- Collaborate with other leaders within Aeye to drive process compliance excellence and continuous improvement.
- Understand and drive APQP phase-gate product development.
- Lead customer and internal audits and reporting to improve customer satisfaction
- Establish reliability and qualification methodology for Aeye products .
- Establish DFR, DFM, and conduct DFMEA, and MTTF for Aeye's products.
- Develop, implement, and continually improve processes, systems, and tools defining the supplier quality framework and life cycle, including supplier audits and qualification, supplier performance management and issue escalation/management, supplier quality metrics program and oversight, etc.
- Build a world-class workforce that creates a competitive advantage by developing and retaining top talent.
Essential Skills & Experience Requirements (required):
- Master's Degree in computer science or electrical engineering
- 10+ years’ experience in quality management system/supply chain (ISO 9001)
- 10+ years’ experience in a Product quality leadership/managerial role
Preferred Skills & Experience (useful):
- Experience with Lidar system is a plus
- Experience with laser products and class one certification
- Certified Lean Six Sigma Black Belt preferred
- Experience with IATF 16949
- Experience with FUSA ISO 26262 is a plus
AEye, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, ancestry, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, citizenship, marital status, disability or veteran status.
AEye, Inc. participates in E-Verify.
To all recruitment agencies: AEye will not accept agency resumes for this role. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, AEye employees or any other organization location. AEye is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
AEye is LIDR!