Senior Systems Requirements Engineer
Become a leader in building a safer future.
AEye is the premier provider of intelligent, next generation, adaptive LiDAR for advanced driver-assistance, vehicle autonomy, and industrial applications that save lives and propel the future of transportation and mobility. We are technology thought leaders who value innovation to create reliable products that save lives. The company's 4Sight™ Intelligent Sensing Platform focuses on what matters most: enabling faster, more accurate and reliable perception for dynamic applications ranging from autonomous driving to intelligent infrastructure, which require precise measurement imaging to ensure safety and performance. AEye was founded in 2013 and is based in the San Francisco Bay Area. We believe in a creative atmosphere, with open, collaborative idea-sharing, where all employees are empowered to achieve their potential. Come experience our flexible and collaborative work environment!
AEye is looking for highly motivated and experienced Senior Systems Requirements Engineer. In this role, you will lead the creation of system level requirements for advanced Lidar products and align the requirements, implementation, and testing plans across multiple technical disciplines.
Tasks, Duties & Responsibilities:
- Interface with New Product Introduction, Product Development and Product Management teams to capture, clarify, and define product, customer, and manufacturing requirements.
- Derive and document system, sub-system, and component level requirements, definitions, and interface control documents aimed at achieving product level requirements.
- Capture, analyze, and document engineering design artifacts ensuring full traceability among all levels of requirements.
- Define use cases and tests needed to verify how well the requirements are met at each level. Assist product validation in implementing validation procedures.
- Work with engineering teams to understand the trade-off involved in achieving the required level of performance for various components, and relative costs/benefits of solving specific problems in SW or HW.
- Participates in design reviews, FMEAs, Safety Analysis and Hazard and Risk Assessments.
- Work with testing team and field applications team on triaging field failures and refining the requirements and test cases to prevent failures from recurring.
Essential Skills & Experience Requirements (required):
- B.S. Degree in Engineering or Computer Science. (M.S. preferred)
- 2+ years of experience using systems engineering and requirement management tools such as DOORS (or Polarion).
- Project management experience.
- Experience in designing and building complex electromechanical or electrooptical systems. Solid understanding of HW and SW development processes.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills.
Preferred Skills & Experience (useful):
- Functional Safety experience. (Familiarity with ISO 26262 standards.)
- 5 years of experience in automotive, aerospace/defense, or medical devices industry.
- Experience with sensing systems, diagnostics, and testing.
AEye, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, ancestry, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, citizenship, marital status, disability or Veteran status.
AEye, Inc. participates in E-Verify.
To all recruitment agencies: AEye will not accept agency resumes for this role. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, AEye employees or any other organization location. AEye is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
AEye is LIDR!