Field Application Engineer
Become a leader in building a safer future.
AEye is the premier provider of intelligent, next generation, adaptive LiDAR for advanced driver-assistance, vehicle autonomy, and industrial applications that save lives and propel the future of transportation and mobility. We are technology thought leaders who value innovation to create reliable products that save lives. The company's 4Sight™ Intelligent Sensing Platform focuses on what matters most: enabling faster, more accurate and reliable perception for dynamic applications ranging from autonomous driving to intelligent infrastructure, which require precise measurement imaging to ensure safety and performance. AEye was founded in 2013 and is based in the San Francisco Bay Area. We believe in a creative atmosphere, with open, collaborative idea-sharing, where all employees are empowered to achieve their potential. Come experience our flexible and collaborative work environment!
AEye is looking for a highly motivated individual with experience in Customer Support, Application Engineering and Technical marketing. The candidate will be expected to quickly learn the Lidar competitors and articulate and show the AEye product differentiation by assisting customers and partners in evaluating, developing, and implementing an industry leading perception sensor. We are looking for exceptionally capable and motivated person who values wide and diverse skill sets, and enjoys the prospect of winning customers over. This role will be based in Japan.
Essential Skill & Experience Requirements (required):
- Bachelors in a Technical/Engineering field.
- This is a high visibility role both internally and externally. A person with many broad skills is required but technical depth is also required in order to grasp concepts rapidly and articulate the uniqueness of the AEye’s value proposition effectively.
- Problem solving with a scientific approach is required. You’ll be performing customer specific tests both at AEye and at customer sites. Figuring out the best way to perform the tests requires a full system perspective and a self-starter attitude.
- Attack problems with consistency and passion. You’ll work very closely with product management, engineering, technical operations, marketing, and executives while juggling your priorities.
- Comfortable with performing customer presentations and ability to interact with all levels of an organization is paramount.
- Sales enablement – communicate the value proposition of the products and develop the sales tools that support the selling process of products. Manage technical aspects of RFP / RFI responses
- You may need to help champion or coordinate videos, presentations, tests, and whitepapers to ensure goals are met.
- Command line, Ubuntu, Git, powerpoint, and basic networking doesn’t scare you away.
- Software/Lidar systems background is helpful, but not required, as you will be working closely with the engineering team to identify and replicate UI +/or performance issues.
- Market intelligence – be the expert on your buyers, how they buy and their buying criteria; be the
- expert on your competition and how to beat them
- Effectively communicate client needs to the engineering and product team for future product enhancements
- You thrive in a fast pace startup that has a superior robotic perception product in a space that is expanding daily.
- You are cool under pressure and love to solve hard problems. You also love learning!
- Willingness to do some travel (10%-30%).
Preferred Skills & Experience (useful):
- Working knowledge of Autonomous Driving, Tier 1’s, and auto OEM’s is a huge plus.
- MS in Engineering, Mathematics or a related field.
- Experience with sensor data.
- Experience in a fast-paced and demanding start-up experience.
AEye, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, ancestry, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, citizenship, marital status, disability or Veteran status.
AEye, Inc. participates in E-Verify.
To all recruitment agencies: AEye will not accept agency resumes for this role. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, AEye employees or any other organization location. AEye is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
AEye is LIDR!